Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have seen two "SOA" bikes at dealers around here. And neither of them advertised anything about SOA, just the fact it had after market bars, fairing, fork boots etc... One '13 SB was set up pretty sweet. Kinda interesting to see a dealers take on it all.

Old 01-31-2014, 03:41 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
I have seen two "SOA" bikes at dealers around here. And neither of them advertised anything about SOA, just the fact it had after market bars, fairing, fork boots etc... One '13 SB was set up pretty sweet. Kinda interesting to see a dealers take on it all.
Yeah, I think it is going to depend on the dealer. The sales people at my local dealers see my bike and all they do is say "hey man, I see you went soa on that thing, we had an soa bike for sale xxx months ago, blah, blah, blah." I don't like going to the dealer in the first place so that just makes it worse. Anyway, I was just kind of curious based on my own experiences.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:59 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
I saw one at South Valley that I thought said "SOA" on it... maybe I was high..

Old 01-31-2014, 05:04 PM
fordaith
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

They did release a limited number for "SOA" branded bikes, something like 200 I think

Old 01-31-2014, 05:41 PM
akara1
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irish883

I don't mean to pry, and you definitely don't have to answer this, but curiosity is getting the best of me.

1. Did the dealer advertise it as an "SoA" bike? Based on my experience with my local dealers and how they react to my bike, I could definitely see them marketing it that way.

2. What kind of markup did they have on it? I know my experiences have been that they take the cost of the part and labor, add several hundred, and call it a day, so I'm just really curious.

Regardless of any of the above, nice looking scoot and welcome to the family.
Thanks! They really didn't advertise it as an SOA bike. Just referred to it as a customized Dyna. I think 1 salesman once mentioned it.

There was no markup above the cost of parts and labor. I have an itemized breakdown of everything on it. I did get a discount on the bike too. Obviously I don't know how fair the labor charges are (no reason to think they're inflated) and the parts are probably marked at retail, but there was no markup per se.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 PM
speedkills66
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Which 2-up seats are you guys running?
I want one that is comfortable for the passenger and still fairly low profile and fits the style...
I currently have an old SuperGlide stock seat on my Bob but its old and the padding is beat down.
I liked this seat and might just get another (they're cheap on ebay) but I wanted to know what else is out there.
I like a couple of the RSD seats but I'm not ready to spend $400 on a seat based on a picture alone if I can't sit on it first...

Old 02-02-2014, 03:16 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Which 2-up seats are you guys running?
I want one that is comfortable for the passenger and still fairly low profile and fits the style...
I currently have an old SuperGlide stock seat on my Bob but its old and the padding is beat down.
I liked this seat and might just get another (they're cheap on ebay) but I wanted to know what else is out there.
I like a couple of the RSD seats but I'm not ready to spend $400 on a seat based on a picture alone if I can't sit on it first...
I have a Corbin Gunfighter. The passenger area is much more cushy than the RSD or LePera without looking like a Sundowner. I got it for the extra low back support for me, but the added cushion on back is a bonus. I can (and have) ride all day on it without my butt going numb.

They are spendy though. More than $400.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:33 PM
gadianton3
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b2inUT
I saw one at South Valley that I thought said "SOA" on it... maybe I was high..
I was wondering if that bike was still there? It has some really tall t-bars. I don't really like the fairing. Seems way to big.

Old 02-02-2014, 03:41 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,057 Likes on 670 Posts

Well gentlemen, after bike week (March) my bike is hitting the shop for a big bore kit, cams, bearings, baisley spring, and maybe sippers tensioners. Can't wait. 9.4-1 comp for a mild build

Old 02-02-2014, 03:44 PM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by akara1
FNG here. First Harley, rode sport bikes for years. Guess my bike fits in here.

Great looking bike!!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's