Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 01:25 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Good looking bike. I like the mid controls on a WG, but despise the stock head pipe/slip-ons.

The black paint is way out there. Don't you think?
Another SOA wannabe... jeez!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:40 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
Another SOA wannabe... jeez!
I get to be Jax on the next run to Starbucks! I'm tired of always being Tig!

Old 01-30-2014, 01:43 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
I get to be Jax on the next run to Starbucks! I'm tired of always being Tig!
I just want to be Piney.

Old 01-30-2014, 01:43 PM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spankdog

Spankdog I don't know what part of LA you're from but the major clubs have been rocking this style for years. Go to events like The Blowout, Halloween Bike Fest, or any of the all Harley drags and you'll see plenty of these style bikes. The only difference is down here we never ran tall t-bars. But quarter fairings, 2 into 1's, and hot rod motors been here for years. I guess it all depends what circles you run in as I'm not that much older than you and have only been down here 15 years. The style was here when I got here. Before this I lived in MS and AL...the style was there in the late 80's for sure. Come out to the AMRA drags at SCR in Erwinville at the end of March and I can show you what's down here.

Old 01-30-2014, 02:48 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by apbtlvr
Spankdog I don't know what part of LA you're from but the major clubs have been rocking this style for years. Go to events like The Blowout, Halloween Bike Fest, or any of the all Harley drags and you'll see plenty of these style bikes. The only difference is down here we never ran tall t-bars. But quarter fairings, 2 into 1's, and hot rod motors been here for years. I guess it all depends what circles you run in as I'm not that much older than you and have only been down here 15 years. The style was here when I got here. Before this I lived in MS and AL...the style was there in the late 80's for sure. Come out to the AMRA drags at SCR in Erwinville at the end of March and I can show you what's down here.
Sounds good. Im in Lafayette and my experience around here with MCs has mostly been with a few Banditos and support clubs at hole in the wall bars and a few events at the Biker Barn in Opelousas and occasionally at various Indy shops Ive been too. Obviously Lafayette isn't exactly a mecca for biker activities so that's probably why I haven't seen the style much. And I was mostly talking about T bars sticking up past the fairing. But in any case Im down to come out to the drags to check out the scene. Sadly I haven't been to any races since I moved down here but that's definitely something I would be into.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 PM
DMonty
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Pheur,

Those are RC Components Imperial forged wheels.

Old 01-30-2014, 03:54 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RE: Dyna Nation dudes...

To clarify my original statement... I saw a club member at a bar a long time ago with their bike done this way and I dug it, but I was younger, poorer, and way into sportsbikes so it was a passing thing. But, I always remembered it and wanted to have one at some point. When I bought my first Harley I wanted a bobber so I went sporty so that was a missed opportunity, but due to... stuff... that bike was short lived in my life. When it came time to get a Harley again, I was debating between getting a 48 and going with another bobber style, like my old sporty, or a Bob and going "norcal" style. I was on Youtube and stumbled onto some videos of the Unknown Industries dudes, and after that some videos of the DynaNation guys doing a show at a dealer.

They all, for the most part, have their Dynas done this style and seeing the videos just sort of rekindled that desire I had back in the day to have one of my own. I went with the Bob over the 48 and the rest is history. I have no love for the DynaNation guys, I know nothing about them, and I actually appreciate the info from people that do, they just happened to be some of the videos I saw which reminded me of the style in general.

I have no problem with companies making nothing but tshirts and stickers, and I will support companies like that if they're worth supporting since not everyone needs to fab up custom parts. That said, if these guys are as douchey as you've all said that absolutely puts them on my "ef off" list since I hate douchebags. Not that I was "supporting" them in the first place, just saying their videos are part of what reminded me of the style.

Last edited by Irish883; 01-30-2014 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 04:49 PM
apbtlvr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spankdog

Spankdog I quit doing biker bars and bike nights years ago. You're right down the road from me. Crazy Horse in Port Allen is my spot. My dyna or road glide will be parked next to the front door so you can't miss me if I'm there. PM me for more info and maybe we can hook up before the AMRA meet. If not you can't miss me at the track as I'm usually the only Black guy in a sea of 1%ers.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:36 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley needs to bring back an updated version of the fxr ... can't ride like this on a soft tail

Old 01-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Sling Blade 14
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,791 Likes on 932 Posts

The 'look" comes from necessity, more of function over form- it's no surprise that people who ride a lot have similar preferences.

The fairing is to cut fatigue, rain saturation, and you can store stuff up front.

Black bikes get black parts, red gets red....the color means nothing but personal choice and creates the "style" everyone notices.

Fork braces, chin fairings, and wheels follow the same formula.

I put my bike together as I needed it- what someone see in it is their problem..

When I first started riding choppers were called "Easy Rider" bikes..

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's