Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:25 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
No offense taken. I just wanted to clear up the perception that the interweb tends to create. I wish there were more cool Dynas to split lanes with on my commute. Unfortunately, I usually end up behind a bagger or BMW who won't move out of the way. There is one guy on a black Dyna with a rifle fairing and T-header that I see now and then. He freakin' rips it. I love getting on his wheel in the afternoons because I get home a whole lot faster.

There are a few cool ones. The guy around the 3 minute mark is one of them, but yeah, I hate the guys that sit in the far right of the lane holding the rest of us up when they know we're trying to split traffic. You end up having to split through the #3 lane to get around them, which is crazy stupid sometimes.

http://youtu.be/bJTPQDq8SVc
Squid that new front suspension makes splitting lanes even better huh? Stays straight as an arrow over the bumps and lane seams. Love it

Old 01-29-2014, 08:27 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool. Thanks.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:39 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Squid that new front suspension makes splitting lanes even better huh? Stays straight as an arrow over the bumps and lane seams. Love it
Yeah, man...no wobble at all...ever. Love it!

Old 01-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monster715
I got no problem telling anyone trying to bash the style to f*ck off. And I agree no offense taken
Me either. I'm not a very couth person in general, especially with close minded morons (not spankdog). I guess on this subject I've just kind of learned to take a breath and let it go because of all the crap I hear about it on the regular. 5 years from now when my bike is still done in this style and 'that' show is gone and forgotten, it won't even be a thing anymore. In the meantime, the naysayers aren't even worth the sweat off my nuts.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:53 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

Most of the OL club bikes I see around the Mid-West are blacked out Street and Road Glides and several Road Kings. Most look pretty used up, nothing special.

Dynas are more like than over grown Sportys here, nobody wants them.

The younger club guys are rolling on slammed pimped out "Big Wheel Style" Road Glides. Looks like something Tyrone from the hood would own but its white kids riding em!
Not my thing.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's been a pretty popular look among southern area clubs for years. The only difference you see around here is bars rarely exceed a 10" rise.

I've had a faring on my FXR for 12 years and the functionality of it far exceeds the form for me. Everyone has there own style with similaritys at the end of the day.

Keep the bad *** pics coming.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:19 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

It's all good. I didn't mean to sound like an *** with my comment.

Initially I didn't want to do the club style because of the show. But then seeing these bikes in this thread, seeing how they're ridden by the previously mentioned groups, and knowing that I need to change mine up for the way I prefer to ride, I figured I'd say to hell with the **** I'm sure I'll get from some people and proceed. Squid's and SLV's are two of my favorites because their color stands out. I'm not changing my bike's color (yet), but my fairing arrived today, FXDC fender (with plate mount and tail light) on the way. Still hunting down the bars situation... I want to be able to ride harder this coming riding season. Setting my bike up in this way will allow for that--including taller shocks and maybe a different pipe...

At the same time, I've got a Sportster to do something completely different with--when I get money again!

I like motorcycles!

Old 01-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
It's all good. I didn't mean to sound like an *** with my comment.

Initially I didn't want to do the club style because of the show. But then seeing these bikes in this thread, seeing how they're ridden by the previously mentioned groups, and knowing that I need to change mine up for the way I prefer to ride, I figured I'd say to hell with the **** I'm sure I'll get from some people and proceed.
I'm with you, man. I didn't want to be an SOA wannbe. But when I moved from Austin Texas to the Bay Area in California, all the dudes on club style bikes were blowing past me as I was slouched over with my forwards and apes (with a sore back, too), they were all sitting up straight and seemingly about a foot above where I was sitting. They seemed to have a lot more control, too.

So after talking to a lot of people, and thousands of dollars later (and more to come), can't stop changing stuff.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:21 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Odelay
...were blowing past me as I was slouched over with my forwards and apes (with a sore back, too), they were all sitting up straight and seemingly about a foot above where I was sitting. They seemed to have a lot more control, too.
Agreed. I was never an apes guy, even when I had my sporty, so I never quite understood why all the guys I would see with apes were always in the slow lane barely doing the speed limit. The first time I did a 100 mile slab run on my bike before the fairing and bars, I understood. 75mph was my limit before the wind against my chest was too much to comfortably handle. I also like riding one handed once I'm away from congestion and that was just not fun with the apes and no wind protection.

I think if more people understood how functional this style really was they wouldn't be so against it.

Old 01-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Carl '69
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 695 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by gant
if i had a dime for everyone wearing flannel and vest on dyna man id be rich lol
Bah, styles come & styles go. I was wearing flannel & leather long before the grunge scene came outta Seattle & I'll be wearing it long after SOA is a memory.

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
... Ride what you like, Like what you ride.
This.

Around here, at least in the mid to late '90's most MC guys were riding hotrod FXRs & Dynas, with a decent number of Baggers thrown in for good measure.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's