Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Im curious. Why are they called "club style" bikes if you never see club members riding them? Im honestly not talking **** or making fun. Im truly curious. Ive been around a bunch of different clubs in my 42 years and have never seen that style except for here or on TV. School me.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:17 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
Im curious. Why are they called "club style" bikes if you never see club members riding them? Im honestly not talking **** or making fun. Im truly curious. Ive been around a bunch of different clubs in my 42 years and have never seen that style except for here or on TV. School me.
Club-wise? It's been a HA thing for a long time in NorCal. That's where the SOA developers got the idea to begin with.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Take a trip out west to Cali & AZ. You'll see plenty.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:18 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

In my experience there's a lot of club members riding this style bike. Mostly smaller clubs, or should I say, clubs that aren't as well known as others.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:19 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll just leave this here...

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...ON_OAKLAND.jpg

One more:

http://hellsangelsventura.com/IMG_7716.JPG

There are tons more out there, but I see no need to go crazy.

EDIT: Not trying to be confrontational, just putting up some examples. If you really want to see a lot, go to Youtube and do a search for hells angels funeral. I agree that SoA has brought the look to the mainstream, but it has been around way longer and really did get its legs through Northern California clubs, specifically the 81. My first exposure to it was early 2000s at a bar and I've had a thing for it ever since, the Unknown Industries and Dyna Nation guys solidified it, it just took me awhile to actually make it my reality. I honestly count the days until that show is no longer on regular TV and starts to be forgotten so I don't have to hear about it all the freaking time.

Last edited by Irish883; 01-29-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:44 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You're probably right. I lived my whole life in CA and have been around bikers since before I could walk and I don't remember ever seeing this style. I guess my opinion comes from seeing pictures on here and the majority of these bikes being from CA. I honestly don't remember this look being so popular 5 or 6 years ago. But whatever. I like the style and I didn't mean to offend anybody.
No offense taken. I just wanted to clear up the perception that the interweb tends to create. I wish there were more cool Dynas to split lanes with on my commute. Unfortunately, I usually end up behind a bagger or BMW who won't move out of the way. There is one guy on a black Dyna with a rifle fairing and T-header that I see now and then. He freakin' rips it. I love getting on his wheel in the afternoons because I get home a whole lot faster.

Originally Posted by monster715
I'm usually stuck behind them in traffic cuz they can't fit between the mirrors!
There are a few cool ones. The guy around the 3 minute mark is one of them, but yeah, I hate the guys that sit in the far right of the lane holding the rest of us up when they know we're trying to split traffic. You end up having to split through the #3 lane to get around them, which is crazy stupid sometimes.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:46 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotcha. I was just confused because some people say you don't see the style very often and others say you see them all the time. Im wondering if its more of a younger club member style. Like I said, I was born and raised in Cali. San Fran and Oakland mostly but Ive also lived in San Jose, Redwood City, San Mateo, Woodside, San Diego, LA....As often as we moved around Im pretty sure my dad was running from the law. lol. I moved down here when I was 30 for work but I honestly don't remember ever seeing that look even though Ive been around bikers for as long as I can remember. And its definitely not a style you see around here. But like I said I didn't mean to offend anybody. Based on my personal experience it was natural to tie the popularity of the style to the show. My bad.

Last edited by spankdog; 01-29-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:50 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
I wanna see more of that red one!

Old 01-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotcha. I was just confused because some people say you don't see the style very often and others say you see them all the time. Im wondering if its more of a younger club member style. Like I said, I was born and raised in Cali. San Fran and Oakland mostly but Ive also lived in San Jose, Redwood City, San Mateo, Woodside, San Diego, LA....As often as we moved around Im pretty sure my dad was running from the law. lol. I moved down here when I was 39 for work but I honestly don't remember ever seeing that look even though Ive been around bikers for as long as I can remember. And its definitely not a style you see around here. But like I said I didn't mean to offend anybody. Based on my personal experience it was natural to tie the popularity of the style to the show. My bad.
No need to apologize. Hell, you're just curious and you're being civil about it so it's all good. Most people just come to the thread and start bashing because they don't understand.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:14 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
No need to apologize. Hell, you're just curious and you're being civil about it so it's all good. Most people just come to the thread and start bashing because they don't understand.
I got no problem telling anyone trying to bash the style to f*ck off. And I agree no offense taken

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's