Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:16 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
what if it was also said about "dude on a harley with a beard", "dude on a harley with leather chaps"...

in general, what's the point?

like the style you like. don't wear/ride the style you don't.
Life imitates art and art imitates life. It has always been. A whole generation of HD riders were influenced by The Wild Ones, and then again, Easy Rider. Some damn cool bikes were inspired by these movies. The bike from Harley-Davidson and the Marlboro Man continues to inspire replicas (Horribly bad movie by the way.)

I've seen SOA and didn't give the "club" style much thought. I original saw it as a "look." I was, however, impressed by a lot of bikes in this thread, then further impressed by the bikes of the Unknown Industries guys. (Although I'll never stunt my $20k ++ bike.). An argument could be made that my bike was influenced by SOA because SOA has increased visibility of the style.

After making the change, I REALLY appreciate the aspects of improved suspension, and the minor function of the fairing is actually very practical for highway rides over 1 hour.

At the end of the day, the club style HD is a new era in custom design. Blame it on the 81, SOA, or the fact that younger people like to go their own way, but it's going to be here for a while. Wait until HD makes their own version...........

Last edited by SLV; 01-29-2014 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

what if it was also said about "dude on a harley with a beard", "dude on a harley with leather chaps"...

IF I had a dime for every time I saw a Harley with chrome handlebars and 2 wheels I'd be loaded....

Last edited by monster715; 01-29-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:38 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Of I had a dime for every time I saw a Harley with chrome handlebars and 2 wheels I'd be loaded....
All the Harley's I see with apehangers or floorboards are.....in my mirrors

Old 01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 201 Likes on 154 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 07bobber
im still in the process but i like shiny stuff on my bike
07 bobber so what are your number on your 106? Been checkin on your sig everytime you post. Did you get it dynoed with your current setup(if you don't mind me asking)?

Old 01-29-2014, 06:42 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
...that look has pretty much exploded on the west coast since that show came out...
Yeah, don't think so. I actually live here and despite what you see in this thread, there's no "explosion" of club style bikes.

I commute 60 miles round trip nearly every day seeing another club style bike on the road is very rare. Unless you get passed by an actual club, you might only see 1 or 2 club-style bikes out of every hundred you pass on the road. There may be a few more at some of the local shops that specialize in performance built Harleys, but even at an Unknown Industries show, most of the bikes in the parking lot are pretty stock looking Harley softies, baggers, and bobbers (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Old 01-29-2014, 06:45 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe my post came off the wrong way. I actually agree with you.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:46 PM
1982DSB
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my 2007 Street Bob
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_1826.jpg

Old 01-29-2014, 06:55 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Yeah, don't think so. I actually live here and despite what you see in this thread, there's no "explosion" of club style bikes.

I commute 60 miles round trip nearly every day seeing another club style bike on the road is very rare. Unless you get passed by an actual club, you might only see 1 or 2 club-style bikes out of every hundred you pass on the road. There may be a few more at some of the local shops that specialize in performance built Harleys, but even at an Unknown Industries show, most of the bikes in the parking lot are pretty stock looking Harley softies, baggers, and bobbers (not that there's anything wrong with that).
You're probably right. I lived my whole life in CA and have been around bikers since before I could walk and I don't remember ever seeing this style. I guess my opinion comes from seeing pictures on here and the majority of these bikes being from CA. I honestly don't remember this look being so popular 5 or 6 years ago. But whatever. I like the style and I didn't mean to offend anybody.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Squid, I agree with you. I recently took a trip up the west coast and everyone was all "Oh watch out for the SOA" Or "Your bike will fit in great over there"
But nope. Didn't see one other "club" style bike. Not even one patched rider for that matter...
Fact is like what was said before. Ride what you like, Like what you ride.

Old 01-29-2014, 06:56 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
All the Harley's I see with apehangers or floorboards are.....in my mirrors
I'm usually stuck behind them in traffic cuz they can't fit between the mirrors!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's