Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Throttle_Jockey
What kind of baffle adjustment ?
Originally Posted by Lockshow
Yo vdop, with that baffle adjustment did you just bend 3 of the 4 sides of the baffle out slightly? Any soud difference doing that? If so did you do that with your 113" motor build also? Kinda wondering how much that would help with a stock 103" to get rid of that torque dip. Thanks!
This is exactly what we did. It worked great on my old 95" as well, picked up 7 ft lbs on the bottom and lost nothing on top. Ive seen it increase power and torque across the board on some builds. There is a little sound difference, mellows it a little but I don't think it's very noticeable on a built motor. I wanted to try it on my 113 but I actually ended up breaking the baffle when I was trying to fix some dents so I never got a chance to. This pipe has been seriously abused and crashed, it's seen better days. I think it would have helped the flat spot on my motor but not sure if it would have hurt the top end on such a high rpm horsepower build. When I get the motor back together and do a little pipe testing I might borrow my buddy's thunderheader to find out. Mine is also shortened 4". I think the mod would definitely help your stock 103.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:28 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
Hell, if you like a mod, do it. A lot of guys are running the TH. Just because some don't like it shouldn't change someone else's mind.

It's not my favorite pipe, but who cares. I wouldn't have chrome dripping from my bike either, but there are some great looking bikes with chrome.
Well i undersand that but if its going to hurt my motor performance then i dont see the point of owning it. Im to much of a perfectionist like that....-_-

Old 01-17-2014, 10:38 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
Well i undersand that but if its going to hurt my motor performance then i dont see the point of owning it. Im to much of a perfectionist like that....-_-
I was being sarcastic about it being garbage. I posted examples of how well a thunderheader can work.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:48 AM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master

lol I can see **** hasn't changed here much.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:57 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser

Originally Posted by vdop
I was being sarcastic about it being garbage. I posted examples of how well a thunderheader can work.
Oh my bad i couldnt read the dyno readings very well from my phone sorry

Old 01-17-2014, 08:17 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

Got my laminar lip installed today on my memphis shades an thought I would post a few pics. I think it looks pretty rad. Not bad for 80 bucks and it pushes the wind nicely. I feel the memphis shades gauntlet was pretty plain looking and this added a little class to it. Oh, and don't judge my rusty brake line. Haha. I ride near the beach a lot

Old 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Never said the TH was a pos...the black finish leaves a lot to be desired and doesn't hold up well. I don't know anyone with a chrome one to see how their chrome holds up. It deffenately isn't the end all be all pipe that some people seem to think though.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:01 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Got my laminar lip installed today on my memphis shades an thought I would post a few pics. I think it looks pretty rad. Not bad for 80 bucks and it pushes the wind nicely. I feel the memphis shades gauntlet was pretty plain looking and this added a little class to it. Oh, and don't judge my rusty brake line. Haha. I ride near the beach a lot
Man, that looks great. Is that the lip meant for the HD quarter fairing?

Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 PM
glbtrotter
Cruiser

My '09 FXDB. I took the Ness fairing and heavy breather intake (in the pic) off a while back. Now just has a matte black round air cleaner.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_1182.jpg  
Old 01-17-2014, 09:31 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Misfitjason. The bike keeps looking better and better. Does the rush exhaust have a deep tone. I just ordered the same pipe but can't find many exhaust clips for reference

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's