Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:38 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Bar ends.

I don't know what size for sure.. If you have access to standard bars, you could get some idea. For sure, the holes Jim made were too small for the wire bundles.

I couldn't say about the riser holes. Mine aren't drilled. Feeding the wires is the toughest part of this installation.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:42 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyryder
Just added 13" shocks...

Your bike doesn't seem to be leaning too bad..

Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 PM
Lockshow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool beans thanks for that duder, ill be sure to let him know to make them bigger. Also is there any point to the bar ends besides looks? I believe you also went with baxter grips correct?

Old 01-13-2014, 10:58 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lockshow
Cool beans thanks for that duder, ill be sure to let him know to make them bigger. Also is there any point to the bar ends besides looks? I believe you also went with baxter grips correct?
In theory, bar ends protect the bike in a slide, but our bikes are too heavy for them to really work. They just look good.

Yes, I'm using Baxter Grips. Look at Biltwell too. They have a waffle grip that looks cool.

To use bar ends, the grips would need to be trimmed. Plus, the throttle tube would need to have the end drilled. I'll do it one day, I just like the look.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:59 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lockshow
Ahh man Memphis Shades fairing and ODI MX bars arrive on Wednesday, then sending the bars to Jim at Forbidden Motorcycles to get internally drilled! The 11 inch risers are already drilled he says for me. One question now, gonna be getting a Thunderheader for the future Bob and was wondering if heat shields are a good idea to get also. I run Bassani Pro Streets now on the wide glide without the shields and dont mind it at all, but ive been hearing that the Theader gets really hot.
Lockshow, just info from another t-header runner. I run a chrome, without heat shields. Never considered the shields, chrome discoloring already after a season, which is fine with me, like the look. No regrets. As Monster says, pants and boots get burned, common. Luck to you.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:04 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member

Just added 13" shocks...

Izzy,
The bike is looking ****ing hot! Your fender upgrade really paid off with the longer shocks.

Your bike is probably the only one that makes me question my color choice. I want to ride the damn thing too. Some bikes make me want to look harder, some make me want to look away (big-*** seats, luggage racks, funky-*** exhausts, etc.), but your's makes me want to ride it. I feel dirty.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just added 13" shocks...

This. Is. Killer.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by monster715
Your bike doesn't seem to be leaning too bad..
I have the kickstand on a block :/

Old 01-14-2014, 08:28 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
Izzy,
The bike is looking ****ing hot! Your fender upgrade really paid off with the longer shocks.

Your bike is probably the only one that makes me question my color choice. I want to ride the damn thing too. Some bikes make me want to look harder, some make me want to look away (big-*** seats, luggage racks, funky-*** exhausts, etc.), but your's makes me want to ride it. I feel dirty.
Thanks..

Black is hard as hell to take care of.. really hard, and it shows every little problem.

That said, I love it and it rides fu#cking awesome. The 444s are really great shocks. I think they are made by Ricor, like the 430s were.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SLV
In theory, bar ends protect the bike in a slide, but our bikes are too heavy for them to really work. They just look good.

Yes, I'm using Baxter Grips. Look at Biltwell too. They have a waffle grip that looks cool.

To use bar ends, the grips would need to be trimmed. Plus, the throttle tube would need to have the end drilled. I'll do it one day, I just like the look.
I had to do something similar and have a local machine shop cut and bevel the end of my PM grip off so i could put a KRG bar end mirror in there.

I don't know about Baxter grips, but I know you can get throttle sleeves with open ends, then the grip slides over the throttle sleeve (you'd have to the end off).

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's