Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 06:10 PM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Lookin sharp buddy, sorry to hear about the pet...
I'd hang on to the sigs if I were you. You never know when you're gonna want or need em again and the front tubes are a good place for em.
Hope the new map helps out as well!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:03 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Oops......

Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
My cat died today. Not trying to be morose, but she did. Damned cat was like my best friend and I'm not exactly taking it well so I didn't go to work. I needed to get my mind off of it and I decided to put the Gauntlet on. I also reached out to Fuel Moto and they sent me a tune they think will help with the decel popping so I will get around to that this weekend when I rewire my bars.

I think I'm also going to lose the front signals. I almost never use my turn signals period and I feel like they are such an eyesore where they are. I'm tempted to put them on the forks so I at least have the added running lights for a tiny bit of safety (if any, realistically...), but I can also come back to that later if I want.
Sorry about your cat, man. Losing a good pet sucks. The fairing looks killer though.

These Ness brackets are super easy to relo your sigs with, and they're clean looking (no clamps on your tubes). They're pretty cheap too.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-sigs20131206_162806.jpg  
Old 01-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, I appreciate it, both on the bike and the cat. I can't express how much happier I am with this fairing compared to the Ness. The quality is way better, the mount is more solid, blocks wind a bit better due to its shape, and just looks better.

All of the above is, of course, my opinion; but it's my bike so that's what matters.

Thanks for the link Squid, I'm going to check them out. I've torn the front signals off of almost every bike I've ever owned, but as I get older I'm a little more cautious about it. I really don't use them much and hand signal most of the time out of habit (used to run no backs, either...), but I do like that they act as a running light of sorts and that is my only real hesitation.

Old 01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Sorry about your Loss, Irish .
I keep watchin this Thread cus I'm thinkin about a fairing to block some of the wind , had 2 small windshields hated-um.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:40 PM
highwayman1224
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry about your loss, but the bike looks awesome! I removed all 4 turn signals and love it every time I look at it! Lol

Old 01-09-2014, 10:39 PM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
Hold the phone when you say wire in are you refering to cutting wires to join other ones? That does not sound appealing to me.
If you are even a little mechanically inclined it wont be a issue
However if the idea of having to cut a wire scares you
Take it back to the dealer

Old 01-10-2014, 08:16 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

I like your set-up Irish883. The Gauntlet looks awesome!

I think I remember you talking in an earlier post about using the headlamp relocation bracket from Ness with the Gauntlet, but, from your pics it looks like it probably didn't work...?

Old 01-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Lockshow
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Irish883, that fairing looks great! Good to see it matches up perfect with the Vivid black bike. Just ordered mine last Friday for the bike that I dont have yet haha. SOMEONE BUY MY WIDE GLIDE!!!!! #StreetBobEnvy

Old 01-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad1200
I like your set-up Irish883. The Gauntlet looks awesome!

I think I remember you talking in an earlier post about using the headlamp relocation bracket from Ness with the Gauntlet, but, from your pics it looks like it probably didn't work...?
Thanks man. It did not work with the way the bracket is constructed. There is a lip on the bottom where the Ness physically mounts and that lip prevents the fairing from going far enough back to actually mount to the brackets on the forks.

There are two potential work arounds for this... The first would be to cut the headlight trim in the fairing itself to make room for the bracket, which I considered but decided against. The second would be to get out a sawzall, or some other strong cutting tool since it is solid metal, and cut the lower part of the Ness bracket off completely and it should work in that case.

I'm at work right now so I can't do it at the moment, but I will try to grab some pictures of the bracket for you when I get home so this makes more sense.

Originally Posted by Lockshow
Irish883, that fairing looks great! Good to see it matches up perfect with the Vivid black bike. Just ordered mine last Friday for the bike that I dont have yet haha. SOMEONE BUY MY WIDE GLIDE!!!!! #StreetBobEnvy
Thanks, I'm happy with it. The black does match the vivid black of the bike pretty much exactly. Like SLV described in an earlier post, the fairing itself is a sort of clear acrylic like material and the paint is actually under that, but it is definitely gloss black and the way it is constructed should help ensure it matches for a long time coming.

Good luck selling your WG.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's