Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 06:40 PM
monster715
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmojo11
Monster715, Wheels and lowers look great......I had been kicking around idea of plasti dipping lowers, mine are brushed and I am reluctant to powder coat if that's not a look I want to keep, did you face any unique issues on the lowers.Tips or tricks.? Thanks
I wasn't sure either that's why I used the plasti dip first. It's pretty straight forward, I pulled the wheel off (some people don't) but it made it easier to get an even coat all the way around. Only tip I have is spray the first coat light and go a little thicker with every coat. At least 4-5 coats, the thicker it is the easier you can peel it back off. Heres a plasti-dip thread that's got some great tips and tricks and pics

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ip-thread.html

Old 01-07-2014, 08:21 PM
wolfmojo11
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monster715
I wasn't sure either that's why I used the plasti dip first. It's pretty straight forward, I pulled the wheel off (some people don't) but it made it easier to get an even coat all the way around. Only tip I have is spray the first coat light and go a little thicker with every coat. At least 4-5 coats, the thicker it is the easier you can peel it back off. Heres a plasti-dip thread that's got some great tips and tricks and pics

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ip-thread.html
Thanks, appreciate that. Doing a full winter workover on the bike, that is one of the options I was considering. I def would pull that wheel first, makes sense.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 PM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayliving
That doesn't look plug and play either
The load equalizer is plug and play, this light is very easy to wire in

Old 01-07-2014, 10:27 PM
CaptainHook
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlongshore
and I don't have a load equalizer either. No issues.
Im running leds front and rear, this makes a problem. Also that security on my bike runs through the tail light resistance

Old 01-08-2014, 12:01 AM
murrayliving
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hold the phone when you say wire in are you refering to cutting wires to join other ones? That does not sound appealing to me.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:25 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Thanks Squid. Do you have to drill holes to use the thing or will it suffice with the adhessive clips? I don't need measurements but I appreciate the offer. I just want a little bit higher total height of the fairing. Thanks
No, those little 3M discs are all you need. I was skeptical of them, but they really work.

You know I put mine up in the classifieds right? Less than 100 miles on it.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:26 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Gauntlet showed up today. Unfortunately, I work nights so I didn't get it until 11:30 CST and it is like 25 degrees, so there will be no night time installation of this one. Plus, I'm not sure how much headlight work I'm going to have to do since I'm converting from the Ness.

Initial impression? Impressed - the fairing itself is solid. Way, way more substantial feeling than the Ness was out of the box and I love that it is all one piece since I have no intention of installing a taller windshield, well, ever. My Ness has been installed for like ~3 months and is already cracking at stress points; I don't expect this Gauntlet will ever crack based on its thickness and overall finish. Only time will tell, I suppose, but even if it does I doubt it will be in 3 months time.

The mounting kit seems pretty solid as well. I'm not convinced that it is $142 solid, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt since they are a small company and it looks like it will be way, way easier to install and get lined up just right than the Ness was. The quick release for the fairing itself is nice as well, so bonus points there.

I would normally move the bike around back, turn on the flood light, and install it despite it being midnight, but it's just too damned cold to do such things right now and I want to make sure I do this one right, so all I've got is a product first impression right now. I'm planning on knocking it all out this weekend and during that time I think I'm finally going to finish wiring my bars internally, so pics will follow.

In other news, I popped off the exhaust (read: man handled the **** out of) the other day and installed the new exhaust gaskets. Ef me this exhaust is a pain in the *** to get off and on... Anyway, I feel like I got a better overall seal this time around and my decel popping has lessened, but isn't gone completely so I think at this point it is just a matter of reaching out to Fuel Moto for tune help.

Last edited by Irish883; 01-08-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:03 AM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

2013 and up dynas maybe even 2012 with the HD CAN system dont need load equalizers

i know cuase i run no front signals and use a integrated tail in the rear with no equalizers

Old 01-08-2014, 11:52 AM
Dynam1te
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Squid, whats the black thing you have on your breather bolt on your front jug?

Old 01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Hey Squid, whats the black thing you have on your breather bolt on your front jug?
That is what you get if you over-torque a brass breather bolt. It snapped off in the case. After I extracted it, I improvised my own breather bolt by cutting a piece of fuel line, stuffing a piece of foam filter in it with a mesh screen, and placing it over the original bolt nipple. It's temporary until I get a pair of non-brass bolts.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-camera_20140105122656884.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-camera_20140105132344445.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's