Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 01:41 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkills66
Man that sounds really good.
I'm gonna be getting the Bassani for my Street Bob next month.
I've used the DK TTIs before - why did you add them to this pipe already?
Sound or power?
Are you using them with or without a baffle? or which baffle?
I did it for the sound mostly, but there feels like a little extra bump to the low end. Running with the baffle. The pipe sounded too raspy before. I did this on my V&H pipe too, same reason.

Old 12-22-2013, 01:43 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
So.... I had a few beers the other night and realized I had all next week off so, why not tear the bike down for powder coating!!

Here's how it sits now... Gonna powder the rims, hubs, and rotors gloss black. And the trees and lowers satin (denim) black. I have 3 other local buddies who are doing similar jobs on theirs so we're all going to the powder guy who is gonna give us a sweet deal! Should be back together in a couple weeks. Then it's off for cams
Ha ha...more evidence that beer is good!

Old 12-22-2013, 09:14 PM
619bob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
The SDC guys are cool. I've got tons of unpaid advice and help every time I'm there. I'm glad 619bob hooked me up with them.
Glad your getting on well with Chip and Shaun, good guys always looking out!

Tell me about the shifter peg/skateboard wheel mod if you don't mind. I don't too much like scuffed shoes at work either.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:58 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 619bob
Glad your getting on well with Chip and Shaun, good guys always looking out!

Tell me about the shifter peg/skateboard wheel mod if you don't mind. I don't too much like scuffed shoes at work either.
For the shifter get yourself 4 Abec 3, 5, or 7 bearings. They're color coded in most skate shops. McGills in Encinitas has Abec 7 in green. You'll need 3 or 4 wheel spacers, 2 wheels (52mm or smaller), a 5/16 x 24 hex head bolt, 3" long, 2 small waahers, and some red loctite.

SLV's method is slightly different and surely safer, but this what I did. I'll let him chime in with how he did it. I put 2 bearings and one spacer in each wheel. Ran the bolt through them back to back. Then put a small washer, 3rd spacer, another washer, loctite, then screwed the whole shebang into the shifter. I adjusted the free spinning tension by tightening the hex head.

It's tight, but still spins.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:59 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

I built up the wheels just like I would for a board; spacer in the middle, bearing on each side.

When I put the wheels on the bolt, I put a spacer in between to prevent the wheels from touching, and to keep the inner bearings from coming out.

Finally, I used a nylok locking nut (nylon lined lock nut) to tighten the assembly snug. I left enough threads to install the assembly onto the shift lever.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:17 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

BTW. Totally my idea!

I saw a bunch of guys getting excited about it on a The Dyna Page on FB.

If it ends up on TV, I'm going to need some cash!

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  
Old 12-22-2013, 11:45 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SLV
BTW. Totally my idea!

I saw a bunch of guys getting excited about it on a The Dyna Page on FB.

If it ends up on TV, I'm going to need some cash!
LOL...my wife saw what I was doing today and asked me WTH I was thinking. After I explained how motorcyclists have had to just accept the toe-scuff mark as a fact of riding for generations until this guy in freakin' Georgia (that's what we call it in our house) thought up a way to keep your boots/shoes scuff free...and allow for some pretty cool customization, she said the guy that thought of it should be selling pre-made kits on ebay.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I did it for the sound mostly, but there feels like a little extra bump to the low end. Running with the baffle. The pipe sounded too raspy before. I did this on my V&H pipe too, same reason.
I think you got the touch that was missing in your scoot,
Nice addition!the bike looks REALLY nice now! Always wanted to say something about the V&H you had but thought you were liking it that way.
As for the skateboard wheels, great Idea! If I find the skateboard wheels I like, I'm going to be doing it.

Joe

DEFAB

Old 12-23-2013, 12:25 AM
Jbco2
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Oooops, duplicate.

Last edited by Jbco2; 12-23-2013 at 12:28 AM. Reason: DUPLICATE
Old 12-23-2013, 04:21 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jbco2
I think you got the touch that was missing in your scoot,
Nice addition!the bike looks REALLY nice now! Always wanted to say something about the V&H you had but thought you were liking it that way.
As for the skateboard wheels, great Idea! If I find the skateboard wheels I like, I'm going to be doing it.

Joe

DEFAB
Thanks Joe. Credit SLV for the skate wheel thing. There are countless wheel designs out there, so it's pretty easy to make it unique.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's