Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:32 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 619bob
Now I'm sold, thanks Squid you are gonna cost me some money here...lol
Originally Posted by SLV
He's good at that!
Who me?

Old 12-20-2013, 08:42 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

It's amazing how small that pipe is. The gases get out quickly. No wonder it's loud. It looks killer.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:32 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm pretty sure Squid and I are about 15 minutes apart and still haven't gotten together. F-king work and family **** all the time....

Glad to see you're also braving the harsh SD weather every day though haha

Old 12-20-2013, 09:38 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Irish883
Since there are a few of us here with the same pipe now, I have a question for the rest of the 1D5250B owners out there... At the heads where the pipes mount, are your mounting clamps flush, or almost flush, to the heads? I can't for the life of me hear or feel an exhaust leak, but I have so much decel popping, even with my tuner, that I feel like I'm just not mounted well and I'm sucking in air at the heads. My brackets are definitely not flush, not even close, but I can't move the pipes and like I said, I don't hear/feel any leaks so I figured it was ok.

When I took the stock pipes off the brackets were definitely almost flush to the heads so I'm thinking I just failed miserably with my mounting because I did it at night with minimal lighting. I'm probably going to loosen the mount at the bottom and the brackets at the head and try again, but before doing so I wanted insight since we all know how easy it is to break exhaust head studs and I simply can't do that with my bike being my only transportation.

Thanks guys!
Hey Irish, I'll reiterate what I pm'd you here in case someone else has your problem. Same thing happened with my V&H, but I was convinced there was no leak because it passed the incense stick test. The Dynojet guys believed otherwise since nothing they did to my map would cure the popping. The short story is I pulled off the pipe, replaced the gaskets, and re-torqued. No more popping.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:45 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by emerican19
I'm pretty sure Squid and I are about 15 minutes apart and still haven't gotten together. F-king work and family **** all the time....

Glad to see you're also braving the harsh SD weather every day though haha
We'll have to hook up for the next Unknown show. I'm sure there's another one in the works.

I already put the next Born Free on my work and wife calendars. I got stuck with duty for the last one.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:49 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Lol I my buddy dropped off a gift for me about 20 minutes ago. Couple SD Customs items, he was ranting about this "badass" green Dyna down there while he was waiting. I was like "uhhh yeah I think I know the guy" haha.

He was the Mexican dude in the sportster 48 last week. Congrats, you have a fan club!

Old 12-21-2013, 07:27 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by emerican19
Lol I my buddy dropped off a gift for me about 20 minutes ago. Couple SD Customs items, he was ranting about this "badass" green Dyna down there while he was waiting. I was like "uhhh yeah I think I know the guy" haha.

He was the Mexican dude in the sportster 48 last week. Congrats, you have a fan club!
That is a huge compliment considering all the other badass bikes that come through there. Johnny Klein's bike was in there last month. That thing is amazing up close.

The SDC guys are cool. I've got tons of unpaid advice and help every time I'm there. I'm glad 619bob hooked me up with them.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 AM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

hay Squid , I just wanted to give you a heads up , if you use Simichrome on your pipes it will take some of the Bronzing off also .
I know you want to keep that color on the pipes ...

Old 12-21-2013, 10:01 AM
Pebbles87
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's still a work in progress...

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-dsc_2552.jpg  
Old 12-21-2013, 10:58 AM
VIN1800
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2012 Street Bob

Almost done, Installed new wheels, tires, Bassani exhaust, relocated ignition to dash console and installed 30 tooth pulley. Weather sucks right now, 10 degrees outside.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-2012-sb-new-wheels-002.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's