Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 09:54 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by brandon95354
i had a road rage 2 on my last dyna(now totaled), it was the shorter one but not the really short upswept one they sale. i liked it, this last dyna i bought came with a T-header when i have the money im thinking ill get the road rage 2, fatcat, or bobcat.

after using a fairing i dont think i could ride with out one, between a fairing and full face i can ride all day and night with no fatigue from the wind.
I just started wearing a full face again. I got tired of the ear ringing, plus I froze my face off last winter. Icon Dark Alliance, it's a mid-priced helmet, but comfortable and functional.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

full face is the way to go, saved my life along with a few friends of mine that have went threw car windows or done face plants into the road. warm in the winter, cool in the summer, no sunburned face, no rain drops, no bugs, road dust, rocks, etc....

Old 11-28-2013, 12:15 PM
matto371
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup I started riding full face when I I got my dyna. I won't go back don't have a helmet law either here in ct. I ride with the icon variant and love it!

Old 11-28-2013, 12:20 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by barcoeng
That's one nice ride, Dynam1te!! Lovin' the bottle opener and footpegs!
Say what? I never got past your avatar, barcoeng!

Originally Posted by Dynam1te
Haha I really need to stop listening to squid.... or pretty soon my bike is going to be green
I'm going to add some purple and gold to it...Mardi Gras Murder.

Originally Posted by SLV
I think Squid is tempted by the Road Rage pipe if I remember right.
I'm tempted by a few right now. SPFabrication still my favorite. After seeing some of his work up in person, I'm even more convinced it's what I want, especially since Steve will make something totally custom in stainless. Unfortunately, I can't justify the price with Mrs. Squid right now and I need to replace my cracked V&H sooner rather than later. It's hitting my lower shock bolt with the longer Ohlins.

Here's a photoshopped version of his Special Forces 2-1 I've been tinkering with. I'm thinking staggered black heat shields over polished stainless. It would be really spendy though.

I really like Road Rage 1D5250B. I like how the headers flow around the engine and it will definitely clear my shock bolt. But the reports of its super loudness trouble me. My V&H is on the edge of too loud already for me. Supposedly, Bassani makes a quiet baffle, but you can only get it by ordering through In 'n' Out's secret menu.

D&D Bobcat, black headers with a black-accented stainless muffler is my favorite non-custom 2-1, but another forum member says it hit his lower shock bolt with 12.5" shocks and ended up switching to a T-header. I've also read that the muffler can be rotated outward slightly to clear the bolt...gotta verify that. Here's what I like best. It's not on a dyna, but you get the idea:

Decisions, decisions...I'd much rather save up the extra money for the SPFab pipe, but time is not on my side. I now have 2 JB Weld repairs on my V&H heat shield. I either have to replace the exhaust with something I can afford now, stop riding (not an option), or put my Hagons back on until I have funds for what I really want.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:08 PM
99 dyna fxd
Intermediate

New member here but have been checking out everyone's posts/tips for a while finally decided to join and have some questions regarding a recent purchase of some mags off of 2003 dyna should I expect them to swap right out or will I need different spacers??? I have 99 super glide with 21inch front spoke. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated

Old 11-28-2013, 01:19 PM
matto371
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 99 dyna fxd
New member here but have been checking out everyone's posts/tips for a while finally decided to join and have some questions regarding a recent purchase of some mags off of 2003 dyna should I expect them to swap right out or will I need different spacers??? I have 99 super glide with 21inch front spoke. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated
Not sure about the spacers if it's a narrow glide they might be fine the axles from my understanding are a different size. You have to swap.the bearings in the mags to match the axles on yours

Old 11-28-2013, 01:38 PM
99 dyna fxd
Intermediate

Thanks for your response Mags have 3/4 in bearings in them can't find axle diameter anywhere in manual from my bike will be doing test fit this weekend sometime then off to the powder coater shop

Old 11-28-2013, 03:11 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

Decisions, decisions...I'd much rather save up the extra money for the SPFab pipe, but time is not on my side. I now have 2 JB Weld repairs on my V&H heat shield. I either have to replace the exhaust with something I can afford now, stop riding (not an option), or put my Hagons back on until I have funds for what I really want.
That's a tough call. I love the Bobcat, but that custom pipe looks cool too.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:07 PM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Say what? I never got past your avatar, barcoeng!

I'm going to add some purple and gold to it...Mardi Gras Murder.

I'm tempted by a few right now. SPFabrication still my favorite. After seeing some of his work up in person, I'm even more convinced it's what I want, especially since Steve will make something totally custom in stainless. Unfortunately, I can't justify the price with Mrs. Squid right now and I need to replace my cracked V&H sooner rather than later. It's hitting my lower shock bolt with the longer Ohlins.

Here's a photoshopped version of his Special Forces 2-1 I've been tinkering with. I'm thinking staggered black heat shields over polished stainless. It would be really spendy though.

I really like Road Rage 1D5250B. I like how the headers flow around the engine and it will definitely clear my shock bolt. But the reports of its super loudness trouble me. My V&H is on the edge of too loud already for me. Supposedly, Bassani makes a quiet baffle, but you can only get it by ordering through In 'n' Out's secret menu.

D&D Bobcat, black headers with a black-accented stainless muffler is my favorite non-custom 2-1, but another forum member says it hit his lower shock bolt with 12.5" shocks and ended up switching to a T-header. I've also read that the muffler can be rotated outward slightly to clear the bolt...gotta verify that. Here's what I like best. It's not on a dyna, but you get the idea:

Squid, here's a pic of the bassani i just put on (yeah i'm *****-ing the pics out lately) to give you an idea (1D5250) I had done up gloss black. It's louder than my bub lakester but really not that much louder. It wasn't obnoxiously loud and I wouldn't be surprised if it was at the same decibel level as your V&H 2into1.

A head's up on the D&D which is something I had seriously considered going with and didn't was due to problems people had with that pipe hitting the bottom shock bolt, as you said.

When I spoke to D&D to inquire as to whether this was ever addressed they told me no they did not feel the need to address it, but said if I had shocks longer than 12 inches it would probably hit. When I told them I may plan to go to 13" shocks down the road, and whether it would be possible to somehow angle the muffler to not hit he told me there would be no way and the exhaust would not work with the bike.

That SPF pipe is dope looking.

Last edited by izzyryder; 11-28-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 03:23 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLV
I just started wearing a full face again. I got tired of the ear ringing, plus I froze my face off last winter. Icon Dark Alliance, it's a mid-priced helmet, but comfortable and functional.
Originally Posted by brandon95354
full face is the way to go, saved my life along with a few friends of mine that have went threw car windows or done face plants into the road. warm in the winter, cool in the summer, no sunburned face, no rain drops, no bugs, road dust, rocks, etc....
Originally Posted by matto371
Yup I started riding full face when I I got my dyna. I won't go back don't have a helmet law either here in ct. I ride with the icon variant and love it!
When I rode my Sportster and had it "bobbed" I wore a 3/4 since it fit the aesthetic of the bike (yeah, I know, stupid reason...). I was never truly comfortable in it, however, since I had a nasty get-off ~11 years ago where I landed squarely on my face. I would be riding and that memory would hit me randomly while I was wearing the 3/4, which would be promptly followed by thoughts of what my face would have looked like had I taken that 45mph face plant in a 3/4.

Between my Sporty and this bike I had an SV650 and a super moto so I wore a full face (dirt bike style on the sumo) on them, but I also had a brief stint on a Yamaha Bolt (huuuuuuuge mistake....) which brought out the 3/4 again. Same feelings returned and I decided it was time to switch back to FF and I don't see that changing again anytime soon.

There is also the fact that even though we are riding Harleys and a full face doesn't typically fit the "Harley look", ours are far from the traditional styling most Harleys carry and the full face doesn't seem nearly as "out of place" when riding a bike done up like ours are. Aside from that, there is no denying the added comfort in the rain and cold, the reduced wind fatigue on the face, and of course the "won't scrape your face off" aspect should you ever meet the ground.

My personal helmet at the moment is the HJC CL16. I was able to pick it up for right around $100, it is SNELL rated, and it has the added bonus of having a compact shell when compared to most full face lids. It doesn't breathe as well as a SHOEI or an ARAI, but I'm pleased with it for the SNELL rating and compact feel at a low price. I've also been toying with the idea of going back to a dirt bike helmet because of how well they breathe in the wicked Texas summers. That should definitely get some interesting looks if nothing else...

Last edited by Irish883; 11-29-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's