Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLV
The Bassani are great, their customer service apparent;ly is lacking a little from some of the reviews/
Good to hear. Well, the lacking CS isn't, but I rarely call CS for anything so I'm not too worried about that if the pipes are quality.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:27 PM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irish883
The Ness fairing kit I got had that, so my headlight is pushed forward. If I were to get the MS kit I could probably keep my headlight where it is and fill the gap with minor fabbing, if any. That is my situation, though, and I agree with you that something should be available for those that aren't coming from a Ness direct bolt on kit.

On another subject... I am shopping exhaust and I am so torn. I was originally dead set on Thunderheaders in black, but now I'm second guessing it and thinking about Bassani Road Rage 2-1. Anyone have opinions on this? Cost is a big factor since the Bassani's come with heat shields and are pretty much the same price as the Thunderheaders for just the pipes (TH shields are like an extra $200).

If I got the THs I could always wrap them and not worry about the shields, but I've been reading a lot about poor finish on them and my bike is a year round, all weather bike so that concerns me. Chrome is not an option.

Anyone have input on this before I make a new thread on it? I would also like to add that I am not shopping on looks alone, performance is very important and on that side of things I have heard nothing but good about TH.

theaders one of a kind sound, good power, the black fades and all scratches show up within a few weeks, mounts crack (not always but does happen)

bassani road rage sounds great, good power, way better finish than a thunder header, stepped headers(not sure if your motor is big enough for that to make a difference).

i have had both and will be selling my theader to get a road rage or possibly fatcat in the near future. get the pipe you think looks the best and sounds the best to you

performance wise i dont think you could tell a difference on a stock motor, both will be much better than stock

Old 11-06-2013, 07:35 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quick question for you guys with the HD/Conley's 1/4 fairing. I got my Conley quarter fairing mounted today, but didn't spring for the Billet Clamps, just got the stainless clamps. with these clamps I can't get the fairing very close to the headlight at all, I mounted them with the bolts of the clamps on the fronside of the forks as they didn't seem like they would work on the back. I have like a 2" gap right now between the fairing and my headlight trim ring. I ran outta time to try much adjusting.

So do the billet clamps draw it in closer? Do I need to redo my clamps and try and get them behind the forks. Or should I save up for the billet ones?

Thanks

Old 11-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Originally Posted by brandon95354
theaders one of a kind sound, good power, the black fades and all scratches show up within a few weeks, mounts crack (not always but does happen)

bassani road rage sounds great, good power, way better finish than a thunder header, stepped headers(not sure if your motor is big enough for that to make a difference).

i have had both and will be selling my theader to get a road rage or possibly fatcat in the near future. get the pipe you think looks the best and sounds the best to you

performance wise i dont think you could tell a difference on a stock motor, both will be much better than stock
Awesome, thanks for the info! I think I may just go the Bassani route since I like the slight upsweep and shorter overall pipe. If it has better finish and I can get the shields for the same price as just the TH pipes, it sounds like a win/win.

Originally Posted by justintyme73
Quick question for you guys with the HD/Conley's 1/4 fairing. I got my Conley quarter fairing mounted today, but didn't spring for the Billet Clamps, just got the stainless clamps. with these clamps I can't get the fairing very close to the headlight at all, I mounted them with the bolts of the clamps on the fronside of the forks as they didn't seem like they would work on the back. I have like a 2" gap right now between the fairing and my headlight trim ring. I ran outta time to try much adjusting.

So do the billet clamps draw it in closer? Do I need to redo my clamps and try and get them behind the forks. Or should I save up for the billet ones?

Thanks
Are you referring to the front of the fairing, or the back? It was my understanding the official HD quarter and Conely replica were supposed to have a clear shield in front of the light and the light itself was supposed to be set back from that by a few inches?

Old 11-06-2013, 08:43 PM
justintyme73
Cruiser

I'm talking from the back lip, judging from the picture you posted I have at least twice that gap, and I have it back as far as it can go in the adjustment slots

Old 11-06-2013, 09:32 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

I'm talking from the back lip, judging from the picture you posted I have at least twice that gap, and I have it back as far as it can go in the adjustment slots
Ah, gotcha. Not sure since I personally have an Arlen Ness and just found that picture on the Conely site. Hopefully someone else can chime in with info for you.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:44 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know how the Conley mounts, but my HD is mounted with Bung King brackets that allow you to adjust how close the fairing tucks up against the head light. That and the headlight bracket gets flipped 180 which puts the light about a 1/2" further out from its stock position.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:42 AM
justintyme73
Cruiser

The brackets on the conley are the same as the bung king, adjustable. my issue is that instead of the expensive billet clamps I opted to use the stainless exhaust style clamps offered on their website.

The studs on the exhaust style clamp can only come out either all the way behind the fork tube, and then the brackets hit the tube before I could get them on the studs, or flip the clamp and they are on the front side. which leaves the fairing out quite a ways, even adjusted all the way back. The instructions didn't mention anything about flipping the headlight block around. I will get some pics later to try and show it.

Thanks all, not trying to hijack this thread, but there are more owners of 1/4 fairings in this thread than anywhere else

Old 11-07-2013, 08:54 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i just put a harley 1/4 fairing on my 01 fxdl..the conleys in that picture looks like it doesnt have the rubber around the headlight....i wonder if it comes with the rubber strip...could that be one thing wrong ..?

Old 11-07-2013, 11:14 AM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The brackets on the conley are the same as the bung king, adjustable. my issue is that instead of the expensive billet clamps I opted to use the stainless exhaust style clamps offered on their website.

The studs on the exhaust style clamp can only come out either all the way behind the fork tube, and then the brackets hit the tube before I could get them on the studs, or flip the clamp and they are on the front side. which leaves the fairing out quite a ways, even adjusted all the way back. The instructions didn't mention anything about flipping the headlight block around. I will get some pics later to try and show it.

Thanks all, not trying to hijack this thread, but there are more owners of 1/4 fairings in this thread than anywhere else
It's cool...if you were to ask in the open forum, some bagger guy would just jump in with an ignorant SOA comment anyway.

Yeah, if you flip the headlight block 180, the light will move further out by like 1/2" or so. I'm using the HD quick detach clamps on mine which I think put my fairing even further out than the hose clamps, but I'm able to get my light flush up against the rubber ring. The Bung King bracket came with a spacer that also raises the headlight block up a little which helps with mating. I added additional spacers to get mine a little higher. If your kit didn't come with a spacer, you can use a stack of washers, or just pick something up in the fastener section of Ace Hardware.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's