Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 05:48 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD Floating Rotors

I just picked up a complete set of HD Vivid Black Floating Rotors and new Magnum Brake Lines for my FXDX. I am now gonna need to choose a set of brake pads that will grip strong to go along with these items.

I used to run EBC HH brake pads on my GSXRs but dont know if I should use the EBC HH pads or the NEW EBC Extreme Performance Sintered Metal pads. These Extreme Performance Pads are advertised as providing the absolute best stopping power available while providing a long life span.

I would like some opinions from guys that have tried various brake pads on their HDs and care more about performance, than if a particular brake pad gets dust on their foo foo chrome wheels.

Opinions on braking power,rotor wear, and brake noise are what I am looking for really. I will start a new thread if I cant find the answers in this one, but figured a high percentage of this group of riders would know the answers.

Old 10-01-2013, 07:44 PM
JROCKER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lyndall gold brake pads were good for me when I ran stock calipers

Old 10-01-2013, 08:10 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JROCKER
Lyndall gold brake pads were good for me when I ran stock calipers
Good as in lasted well, grabbed harder than stock,same as stock, etc?

Good leaves alot to interpret when describing a product. Can you go into any more detail?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:40 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I've been busy over the past couple weeks getting my front end in order. I added a Traxxion single rate spring, RSD preload adjusters, and changed to Amsoil #5 Shock Therapy. Details here.

I also got hold of a set of Novello riser extensions to bring my grips back up where they were with my apes (11" total rise). I did some grinding on the bars to bring the grips in closer, too. It feels nice and tight. Hand position is perfect for me now, narrow and shoulder high. I got in some high-quality lane splitting for my road test yesterday. I'm ready to call the front end done...except for maybe a GPR stabilizer and SDC FTW fork brace . Gotta sell some more **** in the classifieds.

Next up: wheels, rotors, and tires.

do you feel a noticeable difference with the addition of the preload adjusters?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:53 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Not yet...haven't really played with them. I'm out sick right now, but hoping to be back up in the morning with a different setting to see how it feels.

I picked them over Speed Merchant for looks since they work the same, but the RSDs are a PITA to keep from getting scratched up when installing. The instructions called for painters tape before wrenching, but that tore up with the first few turns. I switched to black electrical tape (on the wrench) and that worked better.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:45 AM
DanDman
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
I just picked up a complete set of HD Vivid Black Floating Rotors and new Magnum Brake Lines for my FXDX. I am now gonna need to choose a set of brake pads that will grip strong to go along with these items.

I used to run EBC HH brake pads on my GSXRs but dont know if I should use the EBC HH pads or the NEW EBC Extreme Performance Sintered Metal pads. These Extreme Performance Pads are advertised as providing the absolute best stopping power available while providing a long life span.

I would like some opinions from guys that have tried various brake pads on their HDs and care more about performance, than if a particular brake pad gets dust on their foo foo chrome wheels.

Opinions on braking power,rotor wear, and brake noise are what I am looking for really. I will start a new thread if I cant find the answers in this one, but figured a high percentage of this group of riders would know the answers.

I had the same rotors on my "03 I and EBC pads. I forgot exactly which compound. Really aggressive stopping power. I could easily lock up the front (to easy). Scored the rotors pretty bad and a lot of dust..
Now I'm running Red Lyndall pads and Lyndall rotors. A more controlled feeling, more predictible. I would run the Gold ones with the HD floating rotors.
I would recommend that you also rebuild the calipers And MC

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-100_1047.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-100_1110.jpg  

Last edited by DanDman; 10-02-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DanDman
I had the same rotors on my "03 I and EBC pads. I forgot exactly which compound. Really aggressive stopping power. I could easily lock up the front (to easy). Scored the rotors pretty bad and a lot of dust..
Now I'm running Red Lyndall pads and Lyndall rotors. A more controlled feeling, more predictible. I would run the Gold ones with the HD floating rotors.
I would recommend that you also rebuild the calipers And MC
Thanks Dan,
I went with the Lyndall Z pads, ordered them from my dealer last night and they arrived this morning! Now thats service! I know alot of guys complain about the local dealers but I am thankful for my very helpful,knowledgeable, and efficient parts guys in my dealership.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:36 PM
EastBay_Solo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter

I have set of Lyndall gold + break pads for sale if your interestead.

Old 10-03-2013, 05:58 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by EastBay_Solo
I have set of Lyndall gold + break pads for sale if your interestead.
I already ordered and recieved mine. I have a 2000 FXDX so 06 and later brakes wouldnt work. Thank You anyway

Last edited by parts eeter; 10-03-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
So, I spend the afternoon playing with the adjusters, and yes...they make a very noticeable difference. I figured out that 8 full turns = 1 inch (barely). Changes in 1/4" increments are very noticeable at higher speeds.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's