Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Phillymiked
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here goes my fxdx. Just put on the fairing. I love the look and it blocks some wind off my chest, but when I go over 60 its like my nose is getting smacked left and right by the wind. But for now it stays, unless I get the sons of anarchy **** too much.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  
Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Phillymiked
Cruiser

Attachment 335923Front view. And I love the fact that I never seen another sg on the road with one on it.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  

Last edited by Phillymiked; 09-30-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:54 PM
glide5904
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hutch08
Trying to get as much riding in as I can before the snow flies...

That's a bad a$$ pic!

Old 09-30-2013, 09:33 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillymiked
Here goes my fxdx. Just put on the fairing. I love the look and it blocks some wind off my chest, but when I go over 60 its like my nose is getting smacked left and right by the wind. But for now it stays, unless I get the sons of anarchy **** too much.
I like the color...it would be cool getting the fairing paint-matched.

I wear a full face normally and get no buffeting, but when I wear my 3/4 helmet, I get the same nose-smack. I know lots of guys don't want to wear full face helmets on Harleys, but they do make high speed rides more quiet and comfortable.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:18 PM
fordaith
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
I like the color...it would be cool getting the fairing paint-matched.

I wear a full face normally and get no buffeting, but when I wear my 3/4 helmet, I get the same nose-smack. I know lots of guys don't want to wear full face helmets on Harleys, but they do make high speed rides more quiet and comfortable.
And prevent the need for reconstructive surgery....

Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 AM
brandon95354
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillymiked

of course people are going to say your bike is a SOA bike. there is a percentage of harley riders that talk **** to people with fairings, vrods, bobbed out sportys, triumphs, even call guys on vstars harley posers, maybe the guy riding the used vstar couldnt afford a harley but wanted to ride. usually the guys that talk **** like that bought a lifestyle the same day they bought the new harley. its your bike dont trip on the haters.

a full face will solve the noise and you wont feel any wind at all with the fairing and a full face, itll save your life i know one saved mine about 6 months ago.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Full face don't really look out of place on club/nocal/thug/outlaw/yourtermhere style Dynas, though. At least in my opinion they don't. Assuming it is a solid color as well, since the racier designs look out of place on anything but sports bikes.

Phillymiked, bike looks good. I assume you know the actual origin of this style of Dyna so if anyone gives you SoA **** just take them to school. If they still don't get it they simply aren't worth your time. The only people you'll likely get that crap from are guys that ride chromed out baggers, or more "traditional" Harleys that are stuffed head to toe with dealer accessories, and do you really care what they think anyway?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brandon95354
of course people are going to say your bike is a SOA bike. there is a percentage of harley riders that talk **** to people with fairings, vrods, bobbed out sportys, triumphs, even call guys on vstars harley posers, maybe the guy riding the used vstar couldnt afford a harley but wanted to ride. usually the guys that talk **** like that bought a lifestyle the same day they bought the new harley. its your bike dont trip on the haters.

a full face will solve the noise and you wont feel any wind at all with the fairing and a full face, itll save your life i know one saved mine about 6 months ago.
We posted at the same time... But yeah, what he ^^ said.

Last edited by Irish883; 10-01-2013 at 12:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-01-2013, 01:57 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Some new stuff

I've been busy over the past couple weeks getting my front end in order. I added a Traxxion single rate spring, RSD preload adjusters, and changed to Amsoil #5 Shock Therapy. Details here.

I also got hold of a set of Novello riser extensions to bring my grips back up where they were with my apes (11" total rise). I did some grinding on the bars to bring the grips in closer, too. It feels nice and tight. Hand position is perfect for me now, narrow and shoulder high. I got in some high-quality lane splitting for my road test yesterday. I'm ready to call the front end done...except for maybe a GPR stabilizer and SDC FTW fork brace . Gotta sell some more **** in the classifieds.

Next up: wheels, rotors, and tires.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
rawb101
Cruiser

Originally Posted by squidhead
i've been busy over the past couple weeks getting my front end in order. I added a traxxion single rate spring, rsd preload adjusters, and changed to amsoil #5 shock therapy. details here.

I also got hold of a set of novello riser extensions to bring my grips back up where they were with my apes (11" total rise). I did some grinding on the bars to bring the grips in closer, too. It feels nice and tight. Hand position is perfect for me now, narrow and shoulder high. I got in some high-quality lane splitting for my road test yesterday. I'm ready to call the front end done...except for maybe a gpr stabilizer and sdc ftw fork brace . Gotta sell some more **** in the classifieds.

next up: Wheels, rotors, and tires.
looks good man!!

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's