Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 07:33 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by SquidHead
Pics didn't come through Cascade. Try again, I'd love to see it.
Originally Posted by Cascade
Strange, they show up on all my devices
___ ___ some times Refresh Helps -

Old 09-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Irish883
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alrighty, I've started to make some progress so here is a pic and the things I've done so far/future plans.

- Arlen Ness fairing
- HD low profile gas gauge and cap
- LePera Bare Bones seat
- Replaced the cowbell with a black skull looking thing that I thought looked neato
- Raised the preload in the rear as a bandaid for a little more ground clearance until I can swap the shocks

Still waiting on my tbars, but they should be here in a week or so. I also have a black primary cover but I am just going to let the dealer put it on when I go in for my 1k since they pull the cover anyway and I have no way to keep the bike upright while I swap it (I hate oil messes...).

I bought most of this stuff with the $500 gift card I won during the bike deal so now that I don't have "free money" to spend the rest will happen slowly. The future holds upgraded suspension F&R, exhaust/air/programmer, and eventually a full rear fender. Engine work in a couple of years...

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_0106.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 08:23 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
I see them... Squid's having eyesight issues... :P
Originally Posted by Bushranger
Must be from squinting when the sun hits his bike.

Just Kidding mate, love your setup.
Ha ha...my eyesight isn't what it used to be...I need the glitter to spot my bike among all the black ones at work.

I see them now, too. Must've been the internet gatekeeper at work blocking them.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:25 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Irish883
Alrighty, I've started to make some progress so here is a pic and the things I've done so far/future plans.

- Arlen Ness fairing
- LePera Bare Bones seat
- Replaced the cowbell with a black skull looking thing that I thought looked neato
- Raised the preload in the rear as a bandaid for a little more ground clearance until I can swap the shocks

Still waiting on my tbars, but they should be here in a week or so. I also have a black primary cover but I am just going to let the dealer put it on when I go in for my 1k since they pull the cover anyway and I have no way to keep the bike upright while I swap it (I hate oil messes...).

I bought most of this stuff with the $500 gift card I won during the bike deal so now that I don't have "free money" to spend the rest will happen slowly. The future holds upgraded suspension F&R, exhaust/air/programmer, and eventually a full rear fender. Engine work in a couple of years...
Free money well spent. Enjoy the rest of the journey even though your wallet won't.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Irish883
Road Captain

Free money well spent. Enjoy the rest of the journey even though your wallet won't.
Thank you sir, and I will do my best. I know the wallet pains from when I had my Sporty a few years ago... Oh well, that's what second mortgages are for .

Question for you, in as many times as I've seen your bike in this thread I never really noticed the tail section you have there. Can you provide me some more info on that, or was it a custom one-off kind of thing?

I want to get rid of the side-mount plate which is the whole reason I am thinking of going full fender in the rear, but if I can get by with something else I'm all for it.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:44 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Irish883
Thank you sir, and I will do my best. I know the wallet pains from when I had my Sporty a few years ago... Oh well, that's what second mortgages are for .

Question for you, in as many times as I've seen your bike in this thread I never really noticed the tail section you have there. Can you provide me some more info on that, or was it a custom one-off kind of thing?

I want to get rid of the side-mount plate which is the whole reason I am thinking of going full fender in the rear, but if I can get by with something else I'm all for it.

It's a hybrid solution using some of the HD parts that came with my bike when I bought it and a couple add ons. Kind of trashy up close, but works. I plan on polishing it up later on.

Here's a link to how it evolved with some part numbers and stuff: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-concerns.html

Old 09-28-2013, 02:28 AM
Irish883
Road Captain

It's a hybrid solution using some of the HD parts that came with my bike when I bought it and a couple add ons. Kind of trashy up close, but works. I plan on polishing it up later on.

Here's a link to how it evolved with some part numbers and stuff: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-concerns.html
Awesome, thanks for the info!

Old 09-28-2013, 06:47 PM
hutch08
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trying to get as much riding in as I can before the snow flies...

Name:  IMG_20130928_174111_zps865685ab.jpg
Views: 612
Size:  86.2 KB

Old 09-29-2013, 12:30 AM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

+1.... I approve this message...................

Name:  IMG_20130928_174111_zps865685ab.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  86.2 KB[/quote]

Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=Irish883;11813743]Alrighty, I've started to make some progress so here is a pic and the things I've done so far/future plans.

- Arlen Ness fairing
- LePera Bare Bones seat

I've never heard the horn cover called a cowbell before. I knw on touring bikes the upper fork covers are referred to as cowbells. Learn something new every day on here....

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's