Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 PM
DeD Fred
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFSSGT
It is only legal between the two last left lanes and you are only allowed to go 5mph faster than traffic. It was specifically designed for air-cooled bikes so they don't overheat in traffic...but the water-cooled boys seem to love it. Look it up on youtube, there are a bunch of videos of them doing that and having a car make a lane change...hitting them and causing more traffic. I think, when doing 5mph over, it's ok...but these dudes are hauling a$$. I like watching the guys with 20in apes do it...now that's funny.
I might have taken this the wrong way, but if you do that and think it's funny to take out people's mirrors and dent their cars...you loose my respect.
Mirrors arent on purpose,the dents are for the ********!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
AFSSGT
Advanced

Originally Posted by Gwjvw
Mirrors arent on purpose,the dents are for the ********!
See, took it the wrong way.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
chisel
Novice

Quick sidebar...
Lane splitting in CA, particularly Los Angeles county, is neither legal NOR illegal.
It falls into a gray area reserved to the judgment of the officer.
There are two laws that dictate this judgment:
1) Vehicles (not just bikes) are allowed to share the same lane space as long as they don't impede each others' travel.
2) Vehicles are not allowed to make unsafe lane changes (speed, traffic density, lack of signaling, etc, all fall into this).
Most cops turn a blind eye to what a lot of bikers do, VERY dangerously, I might add. But not all will. I've seen a few buddies tagged for "lane sharking" (aggressively riding through dense traffic at high speeds and without signaling) and also for crossing the double yellow of an HOV lane. I've split by cops (car and bike) at safe and prudent speeds for conditions and have never had an issue.
I HAVE been wrongly accused of hitting cagers' cars in the past, however. My guess is that they are venting on me for prior misconduct from other riders. I know a lot of my friends like the knock mirrors off and kick cars. The only time I've kicked a car is when a texting girl hit me in traffic while making a blind lane change into me at speed. I honked, flashed, she kept coming, so I had to kick the car to get her attention. She apologized til she was blue in the face. Pretty gnarly.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Rusty Needles
Intermediate

Originally Posted by icecaps
Let's see him do that on the SB 5 between the 101 and 91. Specially the 605 to 91.

Within 5 mph and not over 35 mph. General rule.

Old 01-03-2011, 07:32 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slimpickins
Let's see him do that on the SB 5 between the 101 and 91. Specially the 605 to 91.

Within 5 mph and not over 35 mph. General rule.
The youtube video posted was twice the normal film speed. The actual video is 9 minutes and some change......

Old 01-03-2011, 10:17 PM
hksigman
Road Master

According to California CHP web site www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html, lane sharing is permissible but must be done in a safe and prudent manner. There is no law/vc stating a speed limit for lane sharing for motorcycles. Unsafe speed is what the officer thinks is unsafe at the time and for the conditions.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:40 AM
Denny69
Road Captain

If you don't lane split at least "some of the time" in L.A. you will be a casualty.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Gwjvw
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by AFSSGT
See, took it the wrong way.
Understandable

Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hksigman
According to California CHP web site www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html, lane sharing is permissible but must be done in a safe and prudent manner. There is no law/vc stating a speed limit for lane sharing for motorcycles. Unsafe speed is what the officer thinks is unsafe at the time and for the conditions.
Unsafe is when they find the rider on his ***.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's