Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 06:19 AM
vdop
Road Master
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
why a 2 up seat with no passenger pegs?
Originally Posted by SquidHead
For me...low back support, keeps me planted when hitting the throttle hard, and looks.
This. Keeps you in the seat if the bike is fast and when doing wheelies. Solo seats don't look right imo.

Originally Posted by macnab_sf
It's not for grip. It's for airflow, compared to smooth, it feels a little cooler.
I was just curious if it added any grip. I was going to have a seat made with gripper material in it because there's nothing out there I like.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:20 PM
gant
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead Center Cycles
One of our customers sent this set in to me after he installed our new quarter fairing. Nice little FXR

you ever going to answer PM'S ?????????????????????

Old 07-23-2013, 10:01 AM
DM1975
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Rod45
SICK.

You're kind of making me wish I went with taller bars and the tall windscreen on my bike. After custom lines and all the work it took I guess I'll just stick to the bubble.

But you're making me think about another Rifle for my FXR build...
This is the nicest V Rod I have ever seen

Old 07-23-2013, 07:34 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DM1975
Wow, thanks man! It's pretty much done as it sits except for the possibility of stage 2 cams when I do my valve lash. At 25,000 miles+ it's overdue. It's obvious I went with the club style theme on this bike, something I hadn't seen done before and fits my taste and riding style. My FXR is down to the frame and powertrain after 3 hours of stripping, and I'm teetering on the edge of doing it up similar or maybe forgoing the fairing in exchange for a more old school look. Either way it's on to the next project. Thanks for the props.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:29 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DM1975

Yeah keep the bubble and lower bars on the V-rod, it looks good. That's a low, fast bike. I think the tall windscreen and high bars would throw things off.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 PM
RGRHOWARD2084
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're kind of making me wish I went with taller bars and the tall windscreen on my bike. After custom lines and all the work it took I guess I'll just stick to the bubble.

Name:  9B00DDF3-E539-4A92-96FA-103D60F924CD-1855-0000012B63BCA56E_zps03a26748.jpg
Views: 4386
Size:  173.1 KB

Hated the look of V-rods until this. Well done! Good looking bike!

Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 AM
pheur
Tourer

Originally Posted by T-Rod45
Wow, thanks man! It's pretty much done as it sits except for the possibility of stage 2 cams when I do my valve lash. At 25,000 miles+ it's overdue. It's obvious I went with the club style theme on this bike, something I hadn't seen done before and fits my taste and riding style. My FXR is down to the frame and powertrain after 3 hours of stripping, and I'm teetering on the edge of doing it up similar or maybe forgoing the fairing in exchange for a more old school look. Either way it's on to the next project. Thanks for the props.
Might be a Google search away but to shortcut all crap that turns up with a search, what would you say is an "old school" club style bike? What kind of handlebars do you have in mind? I am trying to figure out what to do with a Dyna Wide Glide and I like this style but I think it doesn't look "right" with a fairing on the bigger rake and the wider forks. Same thing with the straight up T-bars, too high and they just don't look "right" to me. Still searching for the perfect set up for a -10 up Wide Glide.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 AM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by pheur
Might be a Google search away but to shortcut all crap that turns up with a search, what would you say is an "old school" club style bike? What kind of handlebars do you have in mind? I am trying to figure out what to do with a Dyna Wide Glide and I like this style but I think it doesn't look "right" with a fairing on the bigger rake and the wider forks. Same thing with the straight up T-bars, too high and they just don't look "right" to me. Still searching for the perfect set up for a -10 up Wide Glide.
Wide Glide is more of a chopped FLH style - that's where the bobtail fender and wide trees came from back in "the day"...I think club style originated more with the introduction of the FXR...different platform; different purpose. BTW; I started riding in '68; as in 1968.....and it's interesting to see modern incarnations of these old styles

Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM
SDjeff
Stage II

My 07 Black Cherry Dyna

Old 07-24-2013, 01:20 PM
heckfrozeover
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's one of the first non-black Ness fairings I've seen. I thought I'd be the only one! Did you paint it or get it painted? I was considering trying to do mine with spray cans from ColorRite.

Originally Posted by SDjeff
My 07 Black Cherry Dyna

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's