Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM
JROCKER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last edited by JROCKER; 05-21-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:46 AM
JROCKER
Tourer

Name:  image-6.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  101.5 KB

My fairing brackets

Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 AM
jbc1200
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

** Zips up flame-retardant suit and nomex face mask **

Here's my take on the "club" theme, which I've taken to really just mean a bike made for performance and rideability.

I bought this Sportster 1200 in mid April and have put my spin on it as money and time allows. It was a "big twin wannabee" when I bought it and is pretty different now.

So far I've put on a Patriot Defender 2-1 pipe that I left the heat shields off of, mid foot controls with passenger pegs (better for me for some reason), sticky solid rubber grips, and a Memphis Shades fairing. I have a set of 13" rear shocks and SE fork oil that needs to go on soon, along with a Ness AC and carb rejet the same day. Later on I'll do MX bars and speedo mount swap, but for now the stock bars rolled way forward are handling pretty well on the "Custom" riser.

For looks I stripped all badging and trim pieces off, got black OEM mirrors, and a laydown plate mount. The Ness AC will be painted black to get some more of the chrome gone.

I'm 5'6" 155lbs and prefer the ride of a 1200 Sporty as long as I'm riding 1 up. This is the beginning of a transformation to this bike that you don't seem to see a whole lot on Sportsters. Anyhow, flame away since I'm in the Dyna thread.

What I started with in April:

In progress right now:

Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
Snipes2011
Novice

JRocker, badass bike man!

Old 05-21-2013, 09:34 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snipes2011
JRocker, badass bike man!
Yep, There is alot of hidden details when you look at that bike.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:01 PM
SquidHead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JROCKER
Hey Squid here is some of Pete's recent paint and striping
. Looks even better in person. I've never seen anything like this. The detail he has is crazy.he will knock out your fairing no problem.

Awesome!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 AM
CADguy
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JROCKER
Hey Squid here is some of Pete's recent paint and striping
. Looks even better in person. I've never seen anything like this. The detail he has is crazy.he will knock out your fairing no problem.

That stuff is simply AMAZING!! Might have to get the guys information and ship him my tins!!

Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 PM
MegaFauna
Cruiser

Originally Posted by seethesvt
Not trying to be an *******, but a "club" bike is a non bagger, black, with a front fairing? Aka SOA look alike?
I love this thread for the fightin' words...

those of us who understand this style and build our bikes to hit the streets hard don't go around other threads talking S** about chrome and lowering springs...

Ride on.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM
mr_natural78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbc1200
** Zips up flame-retardant suit and nomex face mask **

Here's my take on the "club" theme, which I've taken to really just mean a bike made for performance and rideability.

I bought this Sportster 1200 in mid April and have put my spin on it as money and time allows. It was a "big twin wannabee" when I bought it and is pretty different now.

So far I've put on a Patriot Defender 2-1 pipe that I left the heat shields off of, mid foot controls with passenger pegs (better for me for some reason), sticky solid rubber grips, and a Memphis Shades fairing. I have a set of 13" rear shocks and SE fork oil that needs to go on soon, along with a Ness AC and carb rejet the same day. Later on I'll do MX bars and speedo mount swap, but for now the stock bars rolled way forward are handling pretty well on the "Custom" riser.

For looks I stripped all badging and trim pieces off, got black OEM mirrors, and a laydown plate mount. The Ness AC will be painted black to get some more of the chrome gone.

I'm 5'6" 155lbs and prefer the ride of a 1200 Sporty as long as I'm riding 1 up. This is the beginning of a transformation to this bike that you don't seem to see a whole lot on Sportsters. Anyhow, flame away since I'm in the Dyna thread.

What I started with in April:

In progress right now:

Looks a lot better.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Aj123
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the start of mine

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's