Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 07:05 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lama
Sorry, I see my original post has caused confusion for all the motorcycle culture and history majors.

The pic I posted is from Japan. In Japan, they have a limited use of the english language, and thus they have decided that what we call in America a "club bike", "staff car", "frisco FXR", or whatever.....they call "thug style".

Thus when I posted, I thought anyone who was familiar with the Japan term would understand the meaning of my request. I can see I did confuse the target audience of this website.

I should have said "kinda like the bikes on the TV show with the fake biker gang, but not really", or "the bikes that aren't all lowered and chromed out without whitewalls and tassels and stuff..."

That would have been more appropriate, sorry for using the incorrect description.

I also think the OP bike is 1000% bad ***.
also being a fan of the Japanese 'thug' bikes... I understood...and like I posted earlier....you said thug not thugz. I guess some just don't understand the difference. Anyways, yeah the bike originally posted is bad azz... I am not partial to the chosen paint scheme myself though...wouldn't mind having his stopping power for sure!
See here in Florida, if you said Outlaw bike...well...you could be describing softails and baggers, all the Outlaws(MC) I know ride either baggers or softails for the most part...and ain't one of em running tall t-bars and cafe fairings and the like.. least not around here.

Last edited by rounder; 03-20-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:49 AM
MATTYB185
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
also being a fan of the Japanese 'thug' bikes... I understood...and like I posted earlier....you said thug not thugz. I guess some just don't understand the difference. Anyways, yeah the bike originally posted is bad azz... I am not partial to the chosen paint scheme myself though...wouldn't mind having his stopping power for sure!
See here in Florida, if you said Outlaw bike...well...you could be describing softails and baggers, all the Outlaws(MC) I know ride either baggers or softails for the most part...and ain't one of em running tall t-bars and cafe fairings and the like.. least not around here.

To me "Thug" style means Ice Cube,Eminem and Jay Z riding DYNAs all hooped up with "BLING" on it with their Posses in tow. I shudder to think of what Sturgis will look like in the near future if the "THUGZ" take it over.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:02 AM
bennydog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by venturaoutfit
Can't afford em.
you are sadly mistaken there pal

Old 03-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Lama
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by bennydog
you are sadly mistaken there pal

Exactly

Old 03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, Right? In TX, a Large club who shall remain nameless, doesn't exactly have money problems. But, if money Was an issue, they'd just take Your bike.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:04 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
LOL, Right? In TX, a Large club who shall remain nameless, doesn't exactly have money problems. But, if money Was an issue, they'd just take Your bike.
HMMM... outlaw vs. former navy seal... which would win....I have a feeling I would end up with their bike...LOL....fwiw the outlaws I know are the best bunch of guys I ever got the pleasure to know in this Harley world. Opinions vary.

Last edited by rounder; 03-20-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:19 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

The thread that refused to die ....

The terms 'culture,' 'club' and 'style' all bring to mind a bad time from the early 80's with some weird **** going on ... boy george, flock of seagulls ...? Especially with the colors on that flame job ... LoL!

Nothing of substance to add to the subject ... I'm not a club member, outlaw, thug or Navy Seal ....

Old 03-20-2010, 05:03 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lama
I'm in the process of modding my 2007 FXDC into a club style bike. Sorry if the term I use is incorrect for this site, as there are so many names people give this type setup, Thug Style, Club Style, Outlaw style, Hooligan, etc. I am hoping maybe this site has some members that have a bike that I can draw inspiration from, by posting pictures.

I am not referring to the style that is somewhat poorly done on that SOA show on TV.

Anyway, I can mostly find pictures on Japan sites, but it seems the bulk of great modified bikes of this style are 2005 and older Dyna's.

Anyone have a 2006+ bike done up. Something like this:

Santa called...
He wants his scoot back

Old 03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
mikeault
Tourer

I meant to repost that picture, not mock your post sorry man.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:08 PM
venturaoutfit
Tourer

Originally Posted by bennydog
outlaws dont ride those bikes... get real
Trust me "PAL" I am about as real as it gets and I wasn't saying that they rode these bikes by any means all I was saying was that for personal reasons I am not a fan of em or a follower for that matter so I just don't use that term to describe my bike or myself. Not a fan of computer gangsters and I'm sure your not either we all have different opinions,different colors and different friends so let's just get back to pictures of the bikes huh?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's