Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 01:42 PM
downzero
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,106 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985
I think you’d realize that after 15+ years (and much longer for those who are “in the know” ) that this isn’t a fad. I won’t waste my time or yours explaining it to you because you seem close minded. Nothing cooler than a dude that thinks anyone different than himself sucks….
American motorcycles have been popular for over 100 years, so 15 years to me is a drop in the ocean. But no, ride whatever you want to ride. I just hope the T bars and the 2 into 1s go away, because they're not my thing at all. The rest of the stuff, even the little fairings, I can get on board with. Either way, it's getting to the point that every Dyna is styled this way. It doesn't really look like it's "custom" or making it your own if you just have what everyone else has.

Old 03-15-2023, 01:56 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 563 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by downzero
American motorcycles have been popular for over 100 years, so 15 years to me is a drop in the ocean. But no, ride whatever you want to ride. I just hope the T bars and the 2 into 1s go away, because they're not my thing at all. The rest of the stuff, even the little fairings, I can get on board with. Either way, it's getting to the point that every Dyna is styled this way. It doesn't really look like it's "custom" or making it your own if you just have what everyone else has.
So because they're "not your thing" you want them to go away. lmao! Regardless of your opinion on 2 into 1 exhaust they produce way better hp/tq numbers. Personally I prefer how they look also thank God. Either way ride safe in your lane. I'll be in the crime lane with my bars, risers & Thunderheader! Just my 3 cents 🤘

Last edited by Dynawobble; 03-15-2023 at 01:57 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Dynawobble:
b2inUT (03-15-2023), Chicago Ken (03-26-2023), fat bastard 68 (03-16-2023), KerrKlan (03-20-2023), MR7 (03-15-2023), snake_eyes (03-15-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-15-2023, 02:07 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,175 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by downzero
I'll bite because work is slow today...

Why are you commenting here? Why are you coming back for more when you know you're going to get slapped around? Was shuffleboard canceled at the home today? But on to your comments, as @Dynawobble pointed out, just because you don't like something you want it to go away? That kind of comment will get you canceled and or dragged in the 21st century and it's just a dumb *** statement. About customization, go back a page and read post 14458. It's not about being "custom" whatever the fvck that means, it's about best of breed. Look at it like a muscle car, you'll find an awful lot of Hooker headers, Holly carbs, Crager wheels, etc. The difference is you can't hide those things on a bike like you can on a car. My bike doesn't look like every other bike, my bike has the best suspension, brakes, and exhaust IMHO. Lots of guys feel the same and have the same stuff, which makes us smarter than you because those things can save our lives, your leather tassels can't.

Last edited by snake_eyes; 03-15-2023 at 02:09 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by snake_eyes:
96hugger (10-22-2023), b2inUT (03-15-2023), Dynawobble (03-15-2023), Jaystn62 (03-15-2023), KerrKlan (03-20-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 02:14 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
So because they're "not your thing" you want them to go away. lmao! Regardless of your opinion on 2 into 1 exhaust they produce way better hp/tq numbers. Personally I prefer how they look also thank God. Either way ride safe in your lane. I'll be in the crime lane with my bars, risers & Thunderheader! Just my 3 cents 🤘
I wish my black Dyna looked 1/2 as good. How many teeth on that rear spocket?

The following 2 users liked this post by snake_eyes:
Dynawobble (03-15-2023), the_huber_show (03-20-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 02:39 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
I wish my black Dyna looked 1/2 as good. How many teeth on that rear spocket?
Thank you. The black is gone and I'll be finally be putting tins on this weekend. My sprocket setup currently is a 24/55 which is lower than the stock belt setup and really gave the bike some get out of the gate power but if I was ripping 95-100 down the freeway she was tacked out. I have a a 53 tooth I'm putting on and that will get me basically back to stock. Eventually I'll put a 25 up front. 25/53 I hear is the best for late model dynas.

Old 03-15-2023, 02:43 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Thank you. The black is gone and I'll be finally be putting tins on this weekend. My sprocket setup currently is a 24/55 which is lower than the stock belt setup and really gave the bike some get out of the gate power but if I was ripping 95-100 down the freeway she was tacked out. I have a a 53 tooth I'm putting on and that will get me basically back to stock. Eventually I'll put a 25 up front. 25/53 I hear is the best for late model dynas.
Just did a 24/51 but haven't ridden it yet, probably won't get out till May in MN. How much slack are you/did you run in your chain

Old 03-15-2023, 02:49 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Just did a 24/51 but haven't ridden it yet, probably won't get out till May in MN. How much slack are you/did you run in your chain
Is yours a 5 speed or late model 6 speed. I know the early dynas run different size sprockets because of the 5 speed ratio. When my bike is in neutral there is a fair amount of slack in it but when I click it in gear it tightens up. Maybe an inch of slack up and down currently but it's probably a little stretched out. The only reason I haven't adjusted it is because I'm throwing the 53 tooth on and will have to adjust it then... and I'm lazy 👀

Slack is when I'm in neutral only

Last edited by Dynawobble; 03-15-2023 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:52 PM
downzero
Stellar HDF Member

Received 1,980 Likes on 1,106 Posts

I'll bite because work is slow today...

Why are you commenting here? Why are you coming back for more when you know you're going to get slapped around? Was shuffleboard canceled at the home today? But on to your comments, as @Dynawobble pointed out, just because you don't like something you want it to go away? That kind of comment will get you canceled and or dragged in the 21st century and it's just a dumb *** statement. About customization, go back a page and read post 14458. It's not about being "custom" whatever the fvck that means, it's about best of breed. Look at it like a muscle car, you'll find an awful lot of Hooker headers, Holly carbs, Crager wheels, etc. The difference is you can't hide those things on a bike like you can on a car. My bike doesn't look like every other bike, my bike has the best suspension, brakes, and exhaust IMHO. Lots of guys feel the same and have the same stuff, which makes us smarter than you because those things can save our lives, your leather tassels can't.
Because it's a forum and the point of a forum is to have differences of opinion and discuss them. It's not as if I care that your opinion is different than mine nor think you're wrong. If I thought your opinion was better, I'd have your opinion instead of my opinion. That said, I think 2 into 1s sound (and look) like *** (which is more important to me than a few horsepower) and I don't like my bars blocking my view, but if that's your thing, great, rock on with yourself. At least you're not riding something with a radiator or reverse.

Old 03-15-2023, 02:52 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member

Is yours a 5 speed or late model 6 speed. I know the early dynas run different size sprockets because of the 5 speed ratio. When my bike is in neutral there is a fair amount of slack in it but when I click it in gear it tightens up. Maybe an inch of slack up and down currently but it's probably a little stretched out. The only reason I haven't adjusted it is because I'm throwing the 53 tooth on and will have to adjust it then... and I'm lazy 👀
It's a '17 6-speed. I've been measuring in neutral, unloaded, from the bottom of the swingarm and it's probably at 1". I'm nervous about getting it right because the only other chain driven bikes I had were dirt bikes.

Old 03-15-2023, 03:00 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

It's a '17 6-speed. I've been measuring in neutral, unloaded, from the bottom of the swingarm and it's probably at 1". I'm nervous about getting it right because the only other chain driven bikes I had were dirt bikes.
I also use a bungking chain slider that mounts to the passenger peg. It's a little delrin piece.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's