Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2022, 07:39 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

That’s hot! Looking forward to see what you do with it.

Originally Posted by Dynawobble
I love this pic. My friend took this. He's a professional photographer and fellow Dyna Head. She won't be black for long. Paint appointment in January! This was taken at a park in Santiago Canyon last summer during Born Free!

The following users liked this post:
Dynawobble (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member
Received 583 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by brownie4412
What are you thinking paint wise?
I'm going pretty crazy with it. It's gonna be a gold metal flake base with black metal flake flames. I'm also replacing the slim fxrt bags with fxrp bags and I have an fxrp fairing with light pods and fairing lowers going up front.

Old 11-19-2022, 09:12 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Rode up to Ojai today, ran over a wooden pallet but made up for that pucker moment with a damn good tri-tip sandwich. All in all a good day...lol

Attachment 611257

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-w7ntqt3h.jpg

That's my buddy's red DXT in the background. He's done a lot to it in the year he's had it, think it was in a barn in Georgia a year ago lol

Dynawobble (11-19-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 03:33 PM
Cootey
Road Captain
Received 249 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Tall or short bars?

Hi guys, I'm on a Sport Glide and am changing bars currently from Highballs to an MX style. I'm undecided whether to get high bars (Thrashin' Supply) and medium riser (I worked out I need 14" overall), or short bars (Thrashin)and tall riser or a one piece (wild one Psycho). Can I ask for everyone's thoughts on these options? I'm running a Road Warrior with 15" screen on a Sport Glide. I'm 5'10" and a 14" combo puts my arms just right. I looked at the Biltwell but I think the sweep isn't pulled back enough for me. Thanks for your thoughts. Pic for attention, with the old bars.

Last edited by Cootey; 11-23-2022 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 03:42 PM
Cancun
Advanced
Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

I’m thinking of doing the tall Thrashin risers on mine with medium bend bars. Should put it at about 14”. I have/had the Wild 1 14” bars and really enjoyed em but would like some more pullback. Got in an accident and the bars got bent pretty good, so trying the riser and bar combo this time around. I’m 6’3” and really like the 14” height. Puts my hands just a few degrees under parallel.

Cootey (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 03:49 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

Originally Posted by Cootey
Hi guys, I'm on a Sport Glide and am changing bars currently from Highballs to an MX style. I'm undecided whether to get high bars (Thrashin' Supply) and medium riser (I worked out I need 14" overall), or short bars (Thrashin)and tall riser or a one piece (wild one Psycho). Can I ask for everyone's thoughts on these options? I'm running a Road Warrior with 15" screen on a Sport Glide. I'm 5'10" and a 14" combo pits my arms just right. I looked at the Biltwell but I think the sweep isn't pulled back enough for me. Thanks for your thoughts. Pic for attention, with the old bars.

My Dyna setup is Big Al's 8" pullbacks with Speedkings high bend bars which are 4.5" so I have a total of 12.5" rise with 1" of pullback. I'm 6'2" and it's a late model Dyna. I might like more elbow bend than you though.

Cootey (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 04:28 PM
Cootey
Road Captain

My Dyna setup is Big Al's 8" pullbacks with Speedkings high bend bars which are 4.5" so I have a total of 12.5" rise with 1" of pullback. I'm 6'2" and it's a late model Dyna. I might like more elbow bend than you though.
That's a great pic, yeah since I fitted the Road Warrior fairing I can sit upright with more freedom on the highway, so a bit of arm bend might be good. My top choice right now is a set of Biltwell 8" pullback/ straight risers with high bend Thrashin' supply bars (I ride on a Sundowner seat that pushes me forward a touch, so the pullback risers might not be necessary). that puts me at 13" or thereabouts. Some suppliers are hard to get in Australia, so I gotta go with what our importers can get hold of.

Dynawobble (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 04:30 PM
Cootey
Road Captain

I love this pic. My friend took this. He's a professional photographer and fellow Dyna Head. She won't be black for long. Paint appointment in January! This was taken at a park in Santiago Canyon last summer during Born Free!
My wife would fight your wife for that pillion seat real estate haha. Nice bike! nice seat!

Dynawobble (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 06:17 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Hi guys, I'm on a Sport Glide and am changing bars currently from Highballs to an MX style. I'm undecided whether to get high bars (Thrashin' Supply) and medium riser (I worked out I need 14" overall), or short bars (Thrashin)and tall riser or a one piece (wild one Psycho). Can I ask for everyone's thoughts on these options? I'm running a Road Warrior with 15" screen on a Sport Glide. I'm 5'10" and a 14" combo puts my arms just right. I looked at the Biltwell but I think the sweep isn't pulled back enough for me. Thanks for your thoughts. Pic for attention, with the old bars.

I’m 5’ 11”. I have WestCoast MX Tbars that measure to right about 13.5”. LePera seat. Puts me pretty much right where I need to be. 1-2” further back on the seat wouldn’t be bad, but I’ve done a few thousand miles with this seat/bar combo (even more with same bars and C&C Fastback seat—almost 60k miles on the clock)

The following 2 users liked this post by b2inUT:
Cootey (11-23-2022), Dynawobble (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 06:28 PM
Dynawobble
Club Member

My wife would fight your wife for that pillion seat real estate haha. Nice bike! nice seat!
Bahahaha. Thanks! We both love the seat. It's a saddlemen explorer ls if I remember correctly. I ordered it over the phone because there was no option for double diamond stitching on the website. I'm really happy with it. I can put serious miles down with it. Only thing I would change is no gel next time. It gets way to hot if your parked in the sun. I always have to cover it. The plan was to use it for longer trips and put my BMC back on for daily use but I never take it off.

Cootey (11-23-2022)

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's