Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 08:32 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
Ditto.
And of course better brakes for better handling. We all know that stock harley brakes suck!

Old 03-06-2019, 12:23 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Quoted by BobFXDB ...Seats, bars and fairings are for the owner to decide what makes it comfortable for them.

If this is true then how is it that all 'club style' bikes look the same ?

Last edited by beanoboy; 03-06-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:51 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by beanoboy
Quoted by BobFXDB ...Seats, bars and fairings are for the owner to decide what makes it comfortable for them.

Why change the tried and true formula? There's a reason the "style" is so popular and it's not just down to the looks. Not to mention there's only so many options for bars, fairings, seats, etc, that I think you're gonna run into a lot of bikes that look the same. With these bikes the devil is in the details, the things you don't see. Go to your local bike night and tell me how many Harley's truly stand out - I'm betting they'll be the minority.

You could also argue that not being able to tell them apart can come to be an advantage. Get a group of guys together doing wheelies on black dynas, someone calls the cops and says they saw a guy on a black Harley doing a wheelie - which one? Unfortunately, I don't get that luxury with my bike...lol

Old 03-06-2019, 02:53 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Why is it "all" cafe racer bikes look the same? Not to mention streetfighters, trackers, bobbers and the list continues... they are all styles with a purpose in mind, like the clubstyle.

Theres are some few theories about the "club style" evolution, and im no expert to confirm it, but i think its logical.
Short explained: 1% wanted a bike that didnt attract the law enforcement, so they installed more civilized parts on their bikes like lights and baffled pipes - something that didnt sounded like a chopper - to avoid unnecessary contact with the law. The bikes was usually black to not stand out and had performance parts to be able to make a run for it. FXR was much preferred for its frame, but later also dynas because of greater aftermarket parts to make them "handle like a fxr". A black bike to keep its anonymity.

So basically a club style bike was built with performance in mind to go fast and good handling. All mods were practical and had a purpose with performance in mind. A blacked out bike to make it harder for the law to tell them apart, as dynakid explained.

Why do all club styles look the same? Depends on the eyes of the beholder. There are several seats, fairings, handles bars, risers, pipes shocks and the list goes on, but they all are designed around the same "mold" because it works.

Well, im not a good story teller, but hope this was understandable and made sense lol.

I mean, its the performance parts that makes a bike club style, not the cosmetic parts...

Last edited by Bob_fxdb; 03-06-2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:06 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_fxdb
Why is it "all" cafe racer bikes look the same? Not to mention streetfighters, trackers, bobbers and the list continues... they are all styles with a purpose in mind, like the clubstyle.

Theres are some few theories about the "club style" evolution, and im no expert to confirm it, but i think its logical.
Short explained: 1% wanted a bike that didnt attract the law enforcement, so they installed more civilized parts on their bikes like lights and baffled pipes - something that didnt sounded like a chopper - to avoid unnecessary contact with the law. The bikes was usually black to not stand out and had performance parts to be able to make a run for it. FXR was much preferred for its frame, but later also dynas because of greater aftermarket parts to make them "handle like a fxr". A black bike to keep its anonymity.

So basically a club style bike was built with performance in mind to go fast and good handling. All mods were practical and had a purpose with performance in mind. A blacked out bike to make it harder for the law to tell them apart, as dynakid explained.

Why do all club styles look the same? Depends on the eyes of the beholder. There are several seats, fairings, handles bars, risers, pipes shocks and the list goes on, but they all are designed around the same "mold" because it works.

Well, im not a good story teller, but hope this was understandable and made sense lol.

I mean, its the performance parts that makes a bike club style, not the cosmetic parts...
I'm no expert on the history of the "breed" either, but that sounded perfect to me.
Well done.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:15 PM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Why change the tried and true formula? There's a reason the "style" is so popular and it's not just down to the looks. Not to mention there's only so many options for bars, fairings, seats, etc, that I think you're gonna run into a lot of bikes that look the same. With these bikes the devil is in the details, the things you don't see. Go to your local bike night and tell me how many Harley's truly stand out - I'm betting they'll be the minority.

You could also argue that not being able to tell them apart can come to be an advantage. Get a group of guys together doing wheelies on black dynas, someone calls the cops and says they saw a guy on a black Harley doing a wheelie - which one? Unfortunately, I don't get that luxury with my bike...lol
Don't get me wrong i'm 70 and still love the 'style', I was only attempting to answer Bob.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Bob_fxdb
Road Captain

Don't get me wrong i'm 70 and still love the 'style', I was only attempting to answer Bob.
I just thinks it’s funny when people call their bike a club style when they converted their oem headlights to daydreammakers

Old 03-06-2019, 03:51 PM
gdavis2265
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who cares what they call it, we just want a big motor and suspension to make it turn and stop fast.

Old 03-06-2019, 03:53 PM
gdavis2265
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-06-2019, 05:42 PM
HD_Matt
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That looks great!

How do you like that Deviant Fabrications swingarm?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's