Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 11:40 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx1985

K I’ll bite, why F them?
Here goes....Ordered it stock length, raw...no polishing or powder required. Pretty standard item to make...was told 3-6 weeks, OK no problem.

After about 8 weeks and calling numerous times and getting told it was in the next shipment out, already boxed up, for WEEKS and weeks, I finally called to cancel. Ignored a few of my calls then picked right up when I called from a different number. Interesting. Told them I wanted to cancel and they said well it shipped already, here's the tracking number.

OK cool.

Tracking number didn't move for another week.

3-6 weeks turned into 5.5 MONTHS. No communication or apology. Unacceptable.

It IS an awesome piece once it shows, but you can get a Brock's in a couple days to your door. TRAC's customer service can get f'd. I wish I read more reviews online or someone told me before I ordered, so if I save one person from the BS I've done my job! Order elsewhere IMO.

K, I'm done ranting....

Old 03-29-2018, 12:06 PM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

What Treatment did you give that Inner & Outer...PC, blasted?

Originally Posted by Puglia10
finally figured out how to post pictures lol.
93 FXRSP my dad and I built in our garage.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:30 PM
cggorman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,291 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
Here goes....Ordered it stock length, raw...no polishing or powder required. Pretty standard item to make...was told 3-6 weeks, OK no problem.

After about 8 weeks and calling numerous times and getting told it was in the next shipment out, already boxed up, for WEEKS and weeks, I finally called to cancel. Ignored a few of my calls then picked right up when I called from a different number. Interesting. Told them I wanted to cancel and they said well it shipped already, here's the tracking number.

OK cool.

Tracking number didn't move for another week.

3-6 weeks turned into 5.5 MONTHS. No communication or apology. Unacceptable.

It IS an awesome piece once it shows, but you can get a Brock's in a couple days to your door. TRAC's customer service can get f'd. I wish I read more reviews online or someone told me before I ordered, so if I save one person from the BS I've done my job! Order elsewhere IMO.

K, I'm done ranting....
Good to know. Thanks. I had them on my list along with Brocks and Metmachex. I'll cross them off.

The following users liked this post:
Puglia10 (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 03:31 AM
Triple_B_Dyna
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cggorman
Good to know. Thanks. I had them on my list along with Brocks and Metmachex. I'll cross them off.
Have you looked into C&S swing arms? I dont have first hand experience but they are reasonably priced compared to the competition and seem to have praise. I'm thinking of going in that direction.

*Edit:

I am not sure if the swingers includes the axle, adjusters, and bearings. The description is vague, although I would assume at that price point it would include everything required to bolt it up. Also, I personally think that the Brocks swing arm is the most well put together. Just my .02

Last edited by Triple_B_Dyna; 03-30-2018 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:36 AM
OzBobPanGlide
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ozzy club style, 140hp, Carbon fibre rims, vrod rear brake, debadged.
we roll a bit different
Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_0904.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_0899.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by OzBobPanGlide:
rideon (03-30-2018), Triple_B_Dyna (03-30-2018)
Old 03-30-2018, 08:47 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by Torco1
Is that a sticker on your gas tank, or did you have it painted like that? Chopper is badass, French Bulldogs are cool dogs.
It's a decal. Eventually I'll have my bike painted (maybe next winter) and have it there permanently--it's be on a 2-3 years now.

Thanks, Chopper is pretty rad.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:04 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 482 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
What Treatment did you give that Inner & Outer...PC, blasted?

Yeah a bunch of motor pieces were powdercoated this grey color. Didn't want to do just all black.

Originally Posted by OzBobPanGlide
Ozzy club style, 140hp, Carbon fibre rims, vrod rear brake, debadged.
we roll a bit different
Cheers
Very nice. Did you get that from the states? There was a real similar one running around in Connecticut I believe.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:04 AM
JeremyJustice
Tourer
Received 459 Likes on 169 Posts

If you guys are talking swingarms, I highly recommend Brocks. This is actually the third swingarm I've bought from them. First one was for an fxr project, they said three months for a custom arm, it showed up just about three months to the day. Second was for this dyna, it showed up in a week but had the shock mounts welded in the wrong place, Brock himself got on the phone with me and had the whole thing sorted out and a new custom swingarm on its way to me in a matter of days. Amazing customer service. Brock really knows what he is talking about and is a stand up guy, I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat!

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-o90baxc.jpg

A buddy had a C&S swingarm, nice looking piece. I actually contacted them when I was looking for my fxr arm and I'm not sure who I spoke to on the phone but when I tell you I dont think he had ANY knowledge about motorcycles at all, it's not an exaggeration. After a 15 min conversation of trying to explain I wanted a fxr swingarm with a 28mm axle, The person just could not comprehend what I was talking about. After explaining what I was doing, (using yamaha R1 wheels) he kept saying " you are putting kawasaki wheels on a harley???" It was like a abbott and costello routine. My conversation with them did not inspire confidence, I went with Brocks and never looked back.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:31 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,314 Likes on 1,861 Posts

Originally Posted by JeremyJustice
...A buddy had a C&S swingarm, nice looking piece. I actually contacted them when I was looking for my fxr arm and I'm not sure who I spoke to on the phone but when I tell you I dont think he had ANY knowledge about motorcycles at all, it's not an exaggeration. After a 15 min conversation of trying to explain I wanted a fxr swingarm with a 28mm axle, The person just could not comprehend what I was talking about. After explaining what I was doing, (using yamaha R1 wheels) he kept saying " you are putting kawasaki wheels on aharley???" It was like a abbott and costello routine. My conversation with them did not inspire confidence, I went with Brocks and neverlooked back.

I think you got somebody just walking by

Old 03-30-2018, 09:41 AM
JeremyJustice
Tourer
Received 459 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by multihdrdr

I think you got somebody just walking by

Maybe, my exact words to my buddy when I hung up was " I think they let the janitor answer the phone". like I said, my buddy has a C&S arm and it is a nice piece, thats why I called them in the first place. I'm not slamming them as a company, just relating my experience.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's