Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:05 AM
Grenadier
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dyna Kid your bike looks good with the new fairing.
I want to change too from the quarter fairing to the T-Sport.
Which one is yours exactly ? ( manufacturer, which high of windscreen? )
Is it a high improvment of wind protection and buffeting compared to the quarter fairing?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:48 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Fairing still waiting for paint...probably going to be after the holidays...still looks good though, loving the difference over the quarter fairing...

What fairing is that?

Old 10-11-2017, 08:03 AM
antlockyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Front of mine is nearly done. One of my club brothers is giving me some LEDs for the turn signals and black mirrors this week. Back end next.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:15 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Grenadier
Dyna Kid your bike looks good with the new fairing.
I want to change too from the quarter fairing to the T-Sport.
Which one is yours exactly ? ( manufacturer, which high of windscreen? )
Is it a high improvment of wind protection and buffeting compared to the quarter fairing?
Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
What fairing is that?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBC-Cali-TSp...NZqFCO&vxp=mtr

That is the one I have. So far I'm happy. Believe the windshield is 15", but I think any windshield with the standard mounting holes (i.e. OEM or JD Fabs) will mount up, though I haven't tested that theory yet...

I like it a lot better than the quarter fairing. Wind protection is better but I ab getting a little buffeting. JD Fabs sells a kit for the windshield that spaces it out a bit from the fairing which is supposed to help, either going to pony up for that or try to make something myself.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:58 AM
04roadster85
Novice
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
Yeah. I gotta get some other mirrors. It's on the eventual list. Next is mag swap, dual disc and 2 over

Black plastic dip while you save up the funds? Just a thought

Old 10-17-2017, 12:53 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

1999 fxds added plus 2 tubes and steering damper . Both a plus in the handling department.

Old 10-17-2017, 01:15 PM
okkomatz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Antlockyer, looks good! But two questions...
1) what “year/model” front lower fairings are those? I’m planing on buying some to mount to mine but haven’t decided due to the change in ‘13/‘14...
2) were your forks sliders/lowers already black or did you paint/powdercoat them? I have to rebuild mine VERY soon and trying to decided if I want to paint, powdercoat, or look for a set for dual disk that are black already...

Originally Posted by antlockyer

Front of mine is nearly done. One of my club brothers is giving me some LEDs for the turn signals and black mirrors this week. Back end next.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:57 AM
felix_cool
1st Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed my Bungking crash bar and upper shock mount sliders... Coming from the enduro scene with bikes weighing around 100kg I've already dropped my dynas once each so it felt on time

The green one is going to be my everyday/commuting/2-up and the red one is going to be some kind of dirt bike. A lot of work to be done but can't ride here in Sweden for the next 6 months so got plenty of time.

Both are 2001 FXDXT.

Last edited by felix_cool; 10-20-2017 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:50 AM
antlockyer
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by okkomatz
Antlockyer, looks good! But two questions...
1) what “year/model” front lower fairings are those? I’m planing on buying some to mount to mine but haven’t decided due to the change in ‘13/‘14...
2) were your forks sliders/lowers already black or did you paint/powdercoat them? I have to rebuild mine VERY soon and trying to decided if I want to paint, powdercoat, or look for a set for dual disk that are black already...
Pre 2013 Touring model. these are reproductions from eBay. Have to chop some off the bottom to get them to clear the mounting brackets at the bottom. I did it by trial and error, didn't do a a great job but it's mostly hidden.

Sliders were already black on the 2015 bikes, as you can see mine are chipped badly and will get powder at some point. Trouble is I ride all year and can't imagine not having my bike for a couple of weeks

Old 10-20-2017, 09:35 AM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

2 FXDXT's in the garage?!?! Killer.

Originally Posted by felix_cool
Just installed my Bungking crash bar and upper shock mount sliders... Coming from the enduro scene with bikes weighing around 100kg I've already dropped my dynas once each so it felt on time

The green one is going to be my everyday/commuting/2-up and the red one is going to be some kind of dirt bike. A lot of work to be done but can't ride here in Sweden for the next 6 months so got plenty of time.

Both are 2001 FXDXT.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's