Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 09:35 PM
SLV
Elite HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

This thread is badass. It's been three years this month that I sold my Dyna, but I still read this thread all the time. I had to post today for two reasons.

1. I rode 735 miles today with a few hundred to go tomorrow. My buddy Joe was just gifted a bike from his older brother. I'm on my way to Tulsa so I can ride back to Savannah with Joe. His brother said it was a Night Train. He sent me a shitty video of the mechanic running it after a refresh, carb/fuel system rebuildI, and new tires. I instantly saw dual front discs and rear shocks. Turns out, it's a 1999 or 2000 Super Glide Sport. It's red, but I'm not sure which years had red paint. The bike was sitting in his garage for two years, elevated with the carb dismantled, cleaned and in the house. I can't wait to see it. The mechanic replaced tires, cables, hoses and the whole fuel system including tank innards. I'll replace motor mount pads when we get it to the coast. I'm hoping the 1100 mile trip back to Savannah goes well.

2. I was also reading a thread in the Softail section about a guy wanting to make a Club Style Softail. He's getting the usual SOA replies and some "I didn't know clubs had a style" comments. Although making a Softail handle and have ground clearance like the bikes in this thread, I like to see people reaching for new ideas. Anyway, it reminded me of my Dyna, the cool *** bikes that you guys are riding, and of course this thread.

By the way, shout out to FXDX. That red is ****ing stellar.

Last edited by SLV; 06-08-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:25 PM
HDCrossbones09
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Still has a little ways to go but I finished up the 1st run of parts and put some miles on her today.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:08 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Hello
I just subscribed to the thread but having been watching it for a awhile...love to see all the dynas set up for "rec riding"....I just finished fender and seat change on my 09 DXDF FatBob...maybe it is a FatGlide now, some like the term, but not all Having fun with the bike, love riding

Old 06-09-2017, 09:18 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by 103bob

new helmet came in today so took a ride. Digging the lane splitter, came from an low end icon so not much to go off of but nothing really stands out except the button latch can get annoying

I dig that new Rusty Butcher edition. Congrats

Old 06-09-2017, 09:21 AM
Adam87t2
Advanced
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 103bob

new helmet came in today so took a ride. Digging the lane splitter, came from an low end icon so not much to go off of but nothing really stands out except the button latch can get annoying
How's the air flow in that thing?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:35 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by SLV
This thread is badass. It's been three years this month that I sold my Dyna, but I still read this thread all the time. I had to post today for two reasons.

1. I rode 735 miles today with a few hundred to go tomorrow. My buddy Joe was just gifted a bike from his older brother. I'm on my way to Tulsa so I can ride back to Savannah with Joe. His brother said it was a Night Train. He sent me a shitty video of the mechanic running it after a refresh, carb/fuel system rebuildI, and new tires. I instantly saw dual front discs and rear shocks. Turns out, it's a 1999 or 2000 Super Glide Sport. It's red, but I'm not sure which years had red paint. The bike was sitting in his garage for two years, elevated with the carb dismantled, cleaned and in the house. I can't wait to see it. The mechanic replaced tires, cables, hoses and the whole fuel system including tank innards. I'll replace motor mount pads when we get it to the coast. I'm hoping the 1100 mile trip back to Savannah goes well.

2. I was also reading a thread in the Softail section about a guy wanting to make a Club Style Softail. He's getting the usual SOA replies and some "I didn't know clubs had a style" comments. Although making a Softail handle and have ground clearance like the bikes in this thread, I like to see people reaching for new ideas. Anyway, it reminded me of my Dyna, the cool *** bikes that you guys are riding, and of course this thread.

By the way, shout out to FXDX. That red is ****ing stellar.
good to hear from you again, SLV!!!

Keep us updated on that ride and your friend's Dyna!

The raddest softail on the planet might be Chris Villone's... here's his IG: https://www.instagram.com/villonetattoos/

The following users liked this post:
DynaKid94 (06-09-2017)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:36 AM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkalot
Hello
I just subscribed to the thread but having been watching it for a awhile...love to see all the dynas set up for "rec riding"....I just finished fender and seat change on my 09 DXDF FatBob...maybe it is a FatGlide now, some like the term, but not all Having fun with the bike, love riding

Nice! The FXDF is SO much better with that WG fender.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:24 AM
sparkalot
Road Warrior
Received 773 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT

Yes it is better....that is why it is one of the most popular Fat Bob upgrades/mods....personally I just do not like the factory FXDF rear fender at all. Besides I like the term "FatGlide" ha ha..

Old 06-09-2017, 10:28 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT

agreed. I can't fathom what the designers were thinking with that monstrosity*.

*-Not intended to offend any lovers of that goofy looking stock FXDF fender.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:52 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,310 Likes on 1,859 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
agreed. I can't fathom what the designers were thinking with that monstrosity*.

*-Not intended to offend any lovers of that goofy looking stock FXDF fender.

FWIW, (and your (and others) answer still might be the same)...but for clarification, there is the "Early" and the "Late" FXDF Rear fender...totally different look.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's