Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 05:46 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by ebct666
Alright guys, been a week or two since my last post and a little update on the bike, my life and some questions for any other fxdx owners.

I sat and looked at my bike for all this time and contrary to popular opinion; I decided to paint it. I really can't stand the paint, I thought it would grow on me but letting it sit untouched made me hate it that much more. Also I found a lot more chips and bubbling when I removed the fuel cap/sensor, so that was the end all be all to the paint situation.
Sorry dudes

But good news... Backstory: dropped out of college a year ago because I wasn't happy and couldn't let myself settle for a boring average life. Went from working construction part time to full time; saving money to move out to Arizona to attend MMI in August. My local mechanic heard about what I was doing and offered me some work in his shop to help me gain some more experience before I head out... I start this saturday and I don't think I've ever been this stoked to go to work

Ok happy rant over...

Now for the FXDX owners. I've seen many people talking about how I won't need to switch my cables out if I'm only running 10" risers. Can anyone confirm before I pull the trigger on a bar/riser combo?
Well as I mentioned in an earlier reply, I put 9" t-bars on my DX and I don't think I could've stretched the cables any further.
Having said that, it was the brake cable that was stretched the most and I did bend the banjo back over the edge of my ness fairing.

Congrats on getting a job you'll love. I'm a firefighter and it's the greatest job in the world, so I have to clam up when people start bitching about work.

And lastly, even though I too said keep the flames, good for you for doing what you want with your own bike.

Old 04-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the job and the school decision. Lots of MMI peeps in my hood. If you need Phoenix tips hit me up. We will go for a ride when you get out here!

Old 04-06-2017, 05:58 PM
HrdNox
Stellar HDF Member
Received 213 Likes on 183 Posts

I thought MMI was down in Florida? UtI in Arizona.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:09 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by HrdNox
I thought MMI was down in Florida? UtI in Arizona.
It looks like UTI hosts MMI.

http://www.uti.edu/campus-locations/phoenix-az

Old 04-06-2017, 07:08 PM
TheSSPirate
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by kt3k

Looking to pick up some new pegs for the rt/dyna. Anybody recommend the SDC moto boards vs the mini floorboards?
Looks killer! I was going to go the RT with lowers route, and I still might eventually. Only thing that steered me away was that Ive heard from more than a few that they get bad buffeting from the fairing. Nice to hear that you don't. I imagine this is like a road glide, where you don't get thrown around from the wind deflection off of semi trucks or other large vehicles on the freeways because of the frame mounted rigidity??

Old 04-06-2017, 07:23 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ebct666
Alright guys, been a week or two since my last post and a little update on the bike, my life and some questions for any other fxdx owners.

I sat and looked at my bike for all this time and contrary to popular opinion; I decided to paint it. I really can't stand the paint, I thought it would grow on me but letting it sit untouched made me hate it that much more. Also I found a lot more chips and bubbling when I removed the fuel cap/sensor, so that was the end all be all to the paint situation.
Sorry dudes

But good news... Backstory: dropped out of college a year ago because I wasn't happy and couldn't let myself settle for a boring average life. Went from working construction part time to full time; saving money to move out to Arizona to attend MMI in August. My local mechanic heard about what I was doing and offered me some work in his shop to help me gain some more experience before I head out... I start this saturday and I don't think I've ever been this stoked to go to work

Ok happy rant over...

Now for the FXDX owners. I've seen many people talking about how I won't need to switch my cables out if I'm only running 10" risers. Can anyone confirm before I pull the trigger on a bar/riser combo?
good on you. i'm 43 and work in "corporate America" and i've been temped to drop it all and go to MMI...

Old 04-06-2017, 08:28 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 156 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
good on you. i'm 43 and work in "corporate America" and i've been temped to drop it all and go to MMI...

Same. I've considered a couple times, but it's 2 years in Phoenix (or Tucson or something I forget) and I think starting pay is $22 an hour or something. Long investment and not a ton of money out of the gate. Then you'd have to do some time at The HD dealer and maybe ultimately open your own shop which takes capital as well.

Not trying to be negative Nancy, those just what's stopped me. Good on you though! Best of luck!

The following users liked this post:
ebct666 (04-06-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 08:29 PM
fxdx1985
Road Master
Received 156 Likes on 100 Posts

Cash me Ousside in the driveway, how bou dah?!

Old 04-06-2017, 08:54 PM
ebct666
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
Well as I mentioned in an earlier reply, I put 9" t-bars on my DX and I don't think I could've stretched the cables any further.
Having said that, it was the brake cable that was stretched the most and I did bend the banjo back over the edge of my ness fairing.

Congrats on getting a job you'll love. I'm a firefighter and it's the greatest job in the world, so I have to clam up when people start bitching about work.

And lastly, even though I too said keep the flames, good for you for doing what you want with your own bike.
Yeah I remember you saying that before, I just did more research and got a bunch of different answers from people saying they could fit anywhere between 8" to 11" with no problems.. Might just go 8" risers and pro taper 1.25" rise bars.

And thanks man I really appreciate that! Funny enough though, was on my way to becoming a firefighter before I decided to go to MMI. Took the civil service exam and everything, they said I couldn't be hired because of a pre existing ankle injury. But a couple cortisone shots later and it's feeling better. Maybe I'll try again one day after I get my future shop up and running haha

Originally Posted by Sunrider42
Congrats on the job and the school decision. Lots of MMI peeps in my hood. If you need Phoenix tips hit me up. We will go for a ride when you get out here!
Much appreciated dude, I'm probably gonna need some hahah. Been 5 or 6 times now, but never spent any of that time on a bike. Can't wait to leave this Massachusetts weather for some year round sun. I'll reach out when I get all situated for sure!

Originally Posted by b2inUT
If you've been tempted ya gotta just go for it! I could go on and say some cliche quote about how life's too short, but I'm only 20 and don't want to give off some fake wisdom that you've probably heard one too many times before... coughlifestooshortcough

Old 04-07-2017, 07:44 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Is there a difference between a "Club" style Dyna and a "Frisco" style Dyna? Is one mostly a murdered out (blacked out) version of the other, rather then all flash and bling of chrome and bright colored paints?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's