Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 08:00 PM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by kt3k
JD Fabs uppers and lowers. love the combo after having a tsport fairing.
Does it make the bike feel bigger?
I love the look but I'm terrified of losing that nimble feeling that my bike currently has.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:19 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

It looks like the pics posted earlier of the Burley touring fairing were a preproduction model or something. The one that's for sale on Revzilla doesn't have the lips look to it. Sorry I can't get a pic because Revzilla won't let me copy the photo. I'm sure I could find it, but I'm to lazy right now.

Edit: nevermind. It's the same. I was looking at the shorter version. I'm digging this one more than the MS right now though. More wind coverage and much cheaper.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 04-04-2017 at 10:23 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:18 AM
Whtwolf14
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I was thinking that, too. It looks different, and I can't get the image of a Mantis out of my mind. It's on my list, for sure.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Aza23
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw yesterday that the Memphis shades road warrior fairing is now available if anyone is interested, their take on the t-sport. The fairing cost 199.95, then like other shades fairings you have to buy the mounting kit 65.95. They also have a headlight extension block that cost 29.95, and the windshield is sold separate as well for 99.95 and comes in three shades ( smoke 25% visibility, black smoke 40% visibility and ghost 85% visibility ) and 7 different heights ( 7",9", 11", 13", 15", 17" and cafe ). So grand total of 395.80 without tax (if my math is right).

I know speed kings has them and probably who ever else sells Memphis shades products.

Anyway, y'all be careful out there

Edit: Okay the mounting hardware for the plates only is 65.95 and 149.95 for the full kit if you needed the fork mounts. They also come in two finishes chrome and black. So 395.80 if you got the plates only and 479.80 if you got the full mounting kit (if my math is right)

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-img_0880.png  

Last edited by Aza23; 04-05-2017 at 07:55 AM.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:46 AM
kt3k
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
Does it make the bike feel bigger?
I love the look but I'm terrified of losing that nimble feeling that my bike currently has.
Clearly it is a bigger fairing but the bike handles extremely well. It's frame mounted so no wobbling or vibrating. Also no buffeting issues. It is really easy to take off the lowers in the summer and get more of a road view. for me it is the perfect fairing and I've now tried several on my bike and others.

The following users liked this post:
Whtwolf14 (04-05-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 11:53 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

How tall tall are you Most fairings give me buffeting at 6'4. I'm on the fence always as I really like the look of that fairing.

Originally Posted by kt3k
Clearly it is a bigger fairing but the bike handles extremely well. It's frame mounted so no wobbling or vibrating. Also no buffeting issues. It is really easy to take off the lowers in the summer and get more of a road view. for me it is the perfect fairing and I've now tried several on my bike and others.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:34 AM
kt3k
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
How tall tall are you Most fairings give me buffeting at 6'4. I'm on the fence always as I really like the look of that fairing.
I am 6'1 and ride with a FF helmet. There are taller shields available too if you want it but i like this size.

Old 04-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Sunrider42
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally making some progress. Got the Lucky Dave's Lucky 13 bars mounted up with the PM grips... Probably the most comfortable bar setup I've ever had. Put the mids back on with Flo pegs and added the SK8bar. Rifle fairing should be here tomorrow.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:31 PM
ebct666
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Alright guys, been a week or two since my last post and a little update on the bike, my life and some questions for any other fxdx owners.

I sat and looked at my bike for all this time and contrary to popular opinion; I decided to paint it. I really can't stand the paint, I thought it would grow on me but letting it sit untouched made me hate it that much more. Also I found a lot more chips and bubbling when I removed the fuel cap/sensor, so that was the end all be all to the paint situation.
Sorry dudes

But good news... Backstory: dropped out of college a year ago because I wasn't happy and couldn't let myself settle for a boring average life. Went from working construction part time to full time; saving money to move out to Arizona to attend MMI in August. My local mechanic heard about what I was doing and offered me some work in his shop to help me gain some more experience before I head out... I start this saturday and I don't think I've ever been this stoked to go to work

Ok happy rant over...

Now for the FXDX owners. I've seen many people talking about how I won't need to switch my cables out if I'm only running 10" risers. Can anyone confirm before I pull the trigger on a bar/riser combo?

Old 04-06-2017, 05:36 PM
Rowdy Fetus
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ebct666
But good news... Backstory: dropped out of college a year ago because I wasn't happy and couldn't let myself settle for a boring average life. Went from working construction part time to full time; saving money to move out to Arizona to attend MMI in August. My local mechanic heard about what I was doing and offered me some work in his shop to help me gain some more experience before I head out... I start this saturday and I don't think I've ever been this stoked to go to work
Nice to hear someone taking charge of their life when they're unhappy. All the best...sorry I'm no help regarding your question.

The following users liked this post:
ebct666 (04-06-2017)

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's