Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 02:02 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

Originally Posted by Feileod
Finished up my winter repaint.

great looking bike

Old 03-20-2017, 09:38 PM
ebct666
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Long time lurker but new member. Today I finally finished reading this entire f#@cking thread. Picked up a lot of inspiration and some good information. My 02 FXDX is going to be dropped off at my crib tomorrow.... just so I can strip all the tins and get to painting(Custom paint the original owner had is way too lame IMO). First question I have is would I need to switch the stock cables to run 12" MX T's? The bikes already set up for dual disk so if I needed to extend the brake cables does anyone have any good suggestions for cable kits?

Old 03-20-2017, 10:35 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by ebct666
Long time lurker but new member. Today I finally finished reading this entire f#@cking thread. Picked up a lot of inspiration and some good information. My 02 FXDX is going to be dropped off at my crib tomorrow.... just so I can strip all the tins and get to painting(Custom paint the original owner had is way too lame IMO). First question I have is would I need to switch the stock cables to run 12" MX T's? The bikes already set up for dual disk so if I needed to extend the brake cables does anyone have any good suggestions for cable kits?
Magnum Shielding has good stuff... i was just going to check for your bike and ran into this interesting--but not super cheap--option:

https://www.magnumshielding.com/hand...barkits-487381

I've used their Build Your Own on my Sportster.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:31 AM
SenorCollin
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

If you can find the part numbers for the lengths you need, I believe you can save some money by ordering the parts on Amazon. I think it worked out that way when I priced it out, at least.

The following users liked this post:
ebct666 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 07:01 AM
ebct666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by b2inUT
Magnum Shielding has good stuff... i was just going to check for your bike and ran into this interesting--but not super cheap--option:

https://www.magnumshielding.com/hand...barkits-487381

I've used their Build Your Own on my Sportster.
Is that kit set up for dual disk brakes? Didn't say anything about it in the description

Old 03-21-2017, 07:13 AM
ebct666
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SenorCollin
If you can find the part numbers for the lengths you need, I believe you can save some money by ordering the parts on Amazon. I think it worked out that way when I priced it out, at least.
I think what I'm going to do is buy the extended dual disk brake line uppers and lowers from Magnum (thanks to b2) and search for the rest of the lines on Amazon. You guys think the extra 10" extension is more than enough to fit 12" MX T's?

I don't care if they'll have some slack, just don't want them to be too tight.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:51 AM
astra
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think what I'm going to do is buy the extended dual disk brake line uppers and lowers from Magnum (thanks to b2) and search for the rest of the lines on Amazon. You guys think the extra 10" extension is more than enough to fit 12" MX T's?

I used all stock cables and wiring with 10" MXTbars on my 02 FXDX but I needed to bend the upper brake line. 10" extra will be sloppy.

The following users liked this post:
ebct666 (03-21-2017)
Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 AM
Feileod
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I run a 10" riser with Sporty (high rise MX bar) bars on my Defender. I chose the +6 (23") Magnum upper brake line and its spot on. The great benefit of the Magnum set-up is the upper brake line and lower brake lines are separate pieces so if you ever change your bars and need longer/shorter line you only have to replace the upper line.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Feileod
Finished up my winter repaint.

That's a nice paint job! Great work!

Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 AM
emperor wurm
Road Warrior
Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

10" is too much for 12" bars. I have +8" for my 14" t bars and there is alot of slack. +6 should be perfect for your setup.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's