Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 12:15 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
Looks like I'm going to have lower my bars for the foreseeable future. I've been having some shoulder issues from an old MX injury years ago. The 12s have been causing a great deal of pain lately.

I'm not happy about it, but it's just not as enjoyable being in that much pain while riding.

I'm about to start my Spring makeover this weekend. I was going with a Cholo Style Low Rider metal flake paint job, but I've kind of changed my mind on those paint jobs. They are just too 'out there' for my personality.

This weekend, I should get the Fork Lowers and the wheels done. Tins in two weeks. It will be my first time use real auto paint verses rattle cans.
Bummer to hear about the shoulder, but looking forward to seeing what you do with the paint. While I can appreciate the work that goes into some of those low-rider style paint jobs, they just aren't for me anymore either. Maybe I'm biased but Harley nailed it with the blue on the DL's...

Attachment 621452

Was going to paint match the quarter but I keep thinking about a JD Tsport fairing...

Old 02-09-2017, 12:23 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by b2inUT
Bummer! Rotatorcuff-related? I've got a jacked up shoulder, too. 12s are as high as I can go... also, poor circulation. Sometimes I ride with a numb hand.

Looking forward to see what you come up with.

I need to hurry and get some mods done, spring all the sudden appeared over the weekend.
It is the rotatorcuff. It hasn't really bothered me for a few years, but's its kicking my *** for the past month. I'm going to be putting some stock FatBob drags on for a while. I may add some extenders to raise them up a few inches over stock.

It's not going to be a fancy makeover. I'm going Hot Rod Flatz Black (ala Denim Black) with black gloss wheels and fork legs. It's original I know, but I like the look. I may powder some of my chrome engine parts down the line as well. Who knows. I may even leave it 'as is' once I see the wheels done. It's just too silver/chrome right now for my taste. I over did it.

Old 02-09-2017, 02:38 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
Bummer to hear about the shoulder, but looking forward to seeing what you do with the paint. While I can appreciate the work that goes into some of those low-rider style paint jobs, they just aren't for me anymore either. Maybe I'm biased but Harley nailed it with the blue on the DL's...

Was going to paint match the quarter but I keep thinking about a JD Tsport fairing...

Thank DK! It will get better one day, but Spring is getting here and I'm ready to start doing some longer rides.

Yeah, I was going with a Blue candy over silver metal flake with panels and all that. I had been practicing was getting good enough at it that I thought I could pull it off fairly decent. I was getting clean tape lines and glass like clear on my samples.

But in the end, I couldn't see myself riding a big disco ball and sitting at the traffic lights looking like Liberace. Maybe some of the younger cats can pull it off, but I'd look and feel like an idiot. I love the look of it though and respect to those than can pull it off.

I hear you on the fairing. Those are badass. I wish I would have went with one of those from the beginning. I haven't used my Gauntlet in a while. I kinda dig the naked look, but I do miss it once I get above 60 mph.

Last edited by SquishyLowRider; 02-09-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:53 PM
xknucksx
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A shot of the dyna outside, went for a quick rip and feels great can't wait to put some miles on that seat.

Name:  FullSizeR%203.jpg
Views: 808
Size:  96.7 KB

And one of the homies sporty we did up.

Name:  FullSizeR%202.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  97.0 KB

Old 02-10-2017, 02:23 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Dynakid just saying, if you go to the t sport let me know. I think the fxdls will look better with your fairing than the factory one.

Old 02-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Sunday
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
Dynakid just saying, if you go to the t sport let me know. I think the fxdls will look better with your fairing than the factory one.
I'm with you, I want a full rear fender too.

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo325.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-photo612.jpg  
Old 02-10-2017, 04:39 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Agreed Sunday I've got access to the fender foe a damn good price. Hoping still available next friday. Then gotta start getting all the other pieces needed for install

Old 02-10-2017, 05:59 PM
BFMCdyna
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

DK94 [QUOTE=Was going to paint match the quarter but I keep thinking about a JD Tsport fairing...[/QUOTE]

Do it! I ran the Ness and H-D 1/4 before I went with the JD TSport and I'll never go back. It's not just for looks, it blocks almost all the wind to my face, I can ride with the visor on my helmet up all the time.

Old 02-10-2017, 07:40 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,053 Likes on 667 Posts

The tsport of just about any brand works way better than the quarter fairing for wind.

Old 02-10-2017, 09:52 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by BFMCdyna
DK94

Do it! I ran the Ness and H-D 1/4 before I went with the JD TSport and I'll never go back. It's not just for looks, it blocks almost all the wind to my face, I can ride with the visor on my helmet up all the time.
Originally Posted by misfitJason
The tsport of just about any brand works way better than the quarter fairing for wind.
I'm thinking that's the long term plan, but I love the look of the 1/4...just need to adjust the brackets a bit...

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's