Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 06:29 PM
stonei3
Club Member
Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by rayny1014
08 Fatbob some shots from today .

That bike is so rad. You've done an excellent job. Keep those pics coming, you won't get any complaints here.

Old 11-27-2016, 07:30 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by stonei3
That bike is so rad. You've done an excellent job. Keep those pics coming, you won't get any complaints here.
Thank you !!

Old 11-27-2016, 08:25 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rayny1014
Thank you !!
WHat bag are you running on the bars?

Old 11-27-2016, 08:29 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider
WHat bag are you running on the bars?
Biltwell exfil-7

The following users liked this post:
SquishyLowRider (11-27-2016)
Old 11-27-2016, 09:17 PM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

Well after some time away, I decided I missed having a dyna and with a recurring ankle injury I could definitely use a lighter bike. So I traded in my road glide on this little jewel. One ride and I was hooked. More fun than my fat bob was when I got done with it and this is just the beginning. Now to find a full fender for the back and then I can work on other upgrades.

Old 11-27-2016, 10:23 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Not cutting anyone down, just playing Devil'a Advocate...but if a bike comes "club style" from the factory, is it still club style? Isn't the whole club thing to modify your bike to be lighter, faster, stronger, perform better etc etc.

If it comes with good suspension, Tbars, big motor and a fairing from the factory, is it just a bike? If a tree falls in the forest...

SquishyLowRider (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 12:18 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Not cutting anyone down, just playing Devil'a Advocate...but if a bike comes "club style" from the factory, is it still club style? Isn't the whole club thing to modify your bike to be lighter, faster, stronger, perform better etc etc.

If it comes with good suspension, Tbars, big motor and a fairing from the factory, is it just a bike? If a tree falls in the forest...
You've got a point, but there's so much to change on the S that it kinda negates what the MoCo was trying to do...

That little cafe fairing does nothing but add to the look. Solo seat gotta go, chopped rear fender's gotta go, shocks are too short, stock exhaust gotta go, bars too low, etc...

I still think that there is enough to change to make it "club/thug/purpose built/your favorite adjective here" style. It's a great starting point but not the style we want from the factory, IMO.

Part of why I went with the standard low rider - the bigger motor just wasn't enough of a tradeoff for the price difference and everything else I was going to have to change to make it what I want.

Old 11-28-2016, 12:34 AM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19

You have a good point and I will drag it down the street. Harley hit pretty close to the mark on the LRS. But I think if you distill it down to basics, you have fashion, and you have function. SOA is fashion, black out, T bars, and quarter fairings. Function is suspension, tires, brakes, chassis stabilizers, alignment, and horsepower. If its not function, it's fashion...
Corporate designs are fashion, the base models are a blank canvas, do your own thing it's good for the soul.
The missing link is the rider... One size does not fit all, I keep seeing the same cockpit positioning for guys from 5'6" to over 6'2", 14 inch T bars don't work for everyone.
Doing your own thing is a Harley-Davidson tradition, I'm not telling anyone not to go down the "Club Style" road, what I am saying is think about how you ride and where you ride and adjust accordingly. Lead don't follow, it's a club tradition.

: Mike

SquishyLowRider (11-28-2016)
Old 11-28-2016, 12:50 AM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

I could argue that bars are more "function" than "fashion" but I'd REALLY be reaching there...and you do have a point. Problem with most people getting into this "style" is they just look at what someone else has that they think looks cool and get those, not considering the function side of such a crucial piece of the bike.

For me, this just works...

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-ahuhggg.jpg

Old 11-28-2016, 01:10 AM
Nemosengineer
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
I could argue that bars are more "function" than "fashion" but I'd REALLY be reaching there...and you do have a point. Problem with most people getting into this "style" is they just look at what someone else has that they think looks cool and get those, not considering the function side of such a crucial piece of the bike.

For me, this just works...
Your right, for you it's a good fit, you're a big guy and it's not your first rodeo. I just see a lot of new guys with the cockpit set up all wrong, if you get out of shape and your ride turns into wrestling match you're screwed. I think that's my point. my post was not meant to be a dig, just a shot of reality. Those of us who push hard during a ride know it's a max effort to stay up sometimes and leverage is king.

: Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by Nemosengineer:
Maxxsmart (11-28-2016), SquishyLowRider (11-28-2016)

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's