Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 11:57 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182340997871

That is the one I got mine from, but the brackets it came with I was able to make work perfectly with the harley detachable clamps
Just pressed the button. Getting cold here and I need something...What did you have to do to make it work?

Old 11-23-2016, 12:08 PM
TJ->
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Does anyone know if the headlight shield can be purchased separately. After a long ride at the end of the summer, I noticed i had gotten a stone chip in the shield.

Thanks.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:10 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
Just pressed the button. Getting cold here and I need something...What did you have to do to make it work?
I'll get some pics of the mounts in a bit, it'll take some adjusting and fiddling but really, it should mount up no problem provided you get the same brackets I did. I just used the HD quick release clamps with one locking one. You can get the bolts and stuff for them at Harley I believe, I saved a lil money by using stuff my grandfather had on hand. I installed the clamps to the brackets with the brackets attached to the fairing and then adjusted the brackets so the quick release levers would clear the fairing. I would leave the clamps slightly loose, clamp the fairing onto the bike then tighten the bolts for the clamps with it on the bike.

Hopefully this makes a modicum of sense. PM me if you get stuck anywhere and I'll try to help out

Old 11-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DynaKid94
I'll get some pics of the mounts in a bit, it'll take some adjusting and fiddling but really, it should mount up no problem provided you get the same brackets I did. I just used the HD quick release clamps with one locking one. You can get the bolts and stuff for them at Harley I believe, I saved a lil money by using stuff my grandfather had on hand. I installed the clamps to the brackets with the brackets attached to the fairing and then adjusted the brackets so the quick release levers would clear the fairing. I would leave the clamps slightly loose, clamp the fairing onto the bike then tighten the bolts for the clamps with it on the bike.

Hopefully this makes a modicum of sense. PM me if you get stuck anywhere and I'll try to help out
It makes sense. I was thinking you may have had to mod the brackets themselves. Pics of your mount set up would be nice though.

Old 11-23-2016, 08:57 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I really hope this is the beginning of parts getting cheaper and the Dyna fad dying down. $400 - $600 for a piece of plastic has always blown my mind.

The whole outsourcing thing kind of sucks, but hopefully it creates competition, and let's be real, these probably ARE the actual HD fairings from the same supplier, just sans bar and shield logo.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:12 PM
DynaKid94
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
I really hope this is the beginning of parts getting cheaper and the Dyna fad dying down. $400 - $600 for a piece of plastic has always blown my mind.

The whole outsourcing thing kind of sucks, but hopefully it creates competition, and let's be real, these probably ARE the actual HD fairings from the same supplier, just sans bar and shield logo.
You and me both. I'm waiting for the SOA spinoff with all the cholo'd out softails, Dyna/FXR stuff goes back to where it used to be. I mean it's crazy - a complete FXRT fairing goes for upwards of 1k now, meanwhile I've heard stories where they used to just throw them in a dumpster after chopper-izing the bikes.

Good thing I'll still be into this when the fad dies down...gonna be fun when I can actually afford the good mods

Old 11-24-2016, 09:49 AM
PacoElProfesor
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 11-24-2016, 05:44 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Looks Good Kid .

Old 11-24-2016, 08:21 PM
PacoElProfesor
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dennyo
Looks Good Kid .
Thanks. I just did the 2" lift and 6" risers (the handlebars are 8"), with the intention of putting a Rifle fairing, but I just realized that my handlebars are too narrow, so I'll have to do a turn signal relocation. This is a daily rider and I wear a half helmet, so I was hoping to fight the winter winds with a fairing.

Old 11-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Neil Kravets
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
All clean

what fairring is this?

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's