Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:20 PM
Lorddaftbiker
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gartec81,

From the pictures of your bike it appears you did not raise the stock location of your headlight, or raised it very little, because the fairing sits lower on your forks than I have seen on other installs. I prefer the look of the fairing mounted lower like you have it. Were there any installation difficulties not using the headlight relocation bracket that comes with the Southeast Customs kit? The fairing appears to have a tab with a hole in it for attachment to the tang that sticks off the headlight relocation bracket, how did you work around this issue?

Thanks,

Old 09-29-2016, 03:36 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

I only used there kit This was the headlight block there kit provides. I just didn't use the spacers that would raise the block off the trees

this was before I adjusted the top mounts in order to situate the fairing around the headlight better

Originally Posted by Lorddaftbiker
Gartec81,

From the pictures of your bike it appears you did not raise the stock location of your headlight, or raised it very little, because the fairing sits lower on your forks than I have seen on other installs. I prefer the look of the fairing mounted lower like you have it. Were there any installation difficulties not using the headlight relocation bracket that comes with the Southeast Customs kit? The fairing appears to have a tab with a hole in it for attachment to the tang that sticks off the headlight relocation bracket, how did you work around this issue?

Thanks,

The following users liked this post:
Lorddaftbiker (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 04:13 PM
Lorddaftbiker
Cruiser

Gartec81, man, that is so cool! Thanks for the excellent pics! I think I'm going to have to purchase this kit. It solves so many problems. From an aesthetic standpoint, this is a beautiful fairing. I like the height but also the front to back length is nice, and the contours have a nice flow to them. The dark tint to the shield is very appropriate. The block puts the headlight out front a bit more, which I always thought would look better either with or without a fairing, so for my tastes, this is excellent. Thanks for taking the time to send the pics, I really appreciate your insight! Not sure whether I'll have to paint it, it's going on a vivid black bike, so I'll follow the "wait and see" doctrine on that call.

Don't forget to rebel against authority,

Old 09-29-2016, 08:01 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Started my makeover today. I'm not sure if I like the brushed look or the raw grinder marks on the tank. I had the grinder marks from removing the white paint. Then I went to hand sanding it to get the brushed look.

I'm not giving the color away yet, because I'm trying something I haven't seen yet on my tank, but I will say that the pattern will matter in the finished tank.

Opinions appreciated

Brushed

Grinder marks

Old 09-29-2016, 08:38 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

Marlboro man tank. Just clear that biatch and run no paint

The following users liked this post:
SquishyLowRider (09-29-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 08:41 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

Couple pics at work today.

Need er to paint pen my new rear tire. Oem Michelin that came on it only lasted 5k miles with the abuse I put it through. Wondering how ling the stock clutch will last

Old 09-29-2016, 09:32 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by gartec81
Marlboro man tank. Just clear that biatch and run no paint
I've run it raw about a month. My plans are to have it part raw and part pant. If I screw up the paint, then I'll probably clear it.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:36 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by gartec81
Couple pics at work today.

Need er to paint pen my new rear tire. Oem Michelin that came on it only lasted 5k miles with the abuse I put it through. Wondering how ling the stock clutch will last

Looks great man! I'm pretty hard on the clutch myself at times. There are days I have a flash back and think I'm on my old 125 2-stroke.

Old 09-30-2016, 09:15 AM
619DYNA619
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I vote brushed. It looks raw but intentional.

Originally Posted by SquishyLowRider

Brushed

Old 09-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Lorddaftbiker
Cruiser

+1 on runnin' the tank raw, SquishyLowRider. It's a great, tough look.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's