Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Maxxsmart
Road Master
Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
half reading posts will do that.

now that we are past the nonsense... share. what are you all doing outside of the fairings and the risers?
I'll say suspension as well. It's hard to say exactly what the best, most bang for the buck mods are, but suspension was one of the most noticeable upgrades I did. Of course, tuning is a big one as well, but I keep going back to suspension.

Everything just kind of adds up I guess. The taller, narrower bars was a good choice. Then came the fairing... I rode about 20 miles the other day without it, and I was amazed by just how much pressure it takes off the chest and gut once you approach highway speeds.

Even small things like going with a flat motocross style foot peg helped with comfort. I now run the long Joker Machine trap style pegs, and I have all kinds of comfort now. The grip is great, and I can catch my heals at the far edges and stretch out a little. And I can't forget a good, supportive seat.

Of course, a lot of people in here like, or want to do the dual disk conversion, but you're already on that.

Then, of course, there's motor work. Some around these parts have split the cases, and went in big time. Others will generally swap cams, and get a proper dyno tune.

Overall, yeah, I'll say upgrading shocks to my semi adjustable Ohlins was the biggest improvement. The Works drop in cartridges helped even out the suspension, and handling. The Power vision, and revised map form Fuel Moto was up there on my list of necessities as well.

Oh, I haven't gotten this far yet, but engine / frame stabilization is a big one here. Sputhe, and True Track are mainstays here. The Predator front engine mount is quickly gaining popularity in this department as well.

So there, all over the place with my reply... Look at anything that will make your ride handle better, and keep things comfortable.

Last edited by Maxxsmart; 09-10-2016 at 07:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
cvaria (09-13-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 12:14 AM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Been thinking real hard about picking one of these up

Old 09-11-2016, 11:31 AM
theduroche
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
Been thinking real hard about picking one of these up

I'm totally with you about Sportsters. Especially roadsters, but is it me, or does that one look like one of these...

Old 09-11-2016, 01:13 PM
Kraken
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
half reading posts will do that.

now that we are past the nonsense... share. what are you all doing outside of the fairings and the risers?
Suspension and dual disc are the biggest for me. Went with cartridges and wideglide tubes on the front with 13.5" rear shocks. I'm almost tempted to buy the Bung King shock extensions to get the rear up higher. Dual Tokicos in the front. Gonna do the rear brake caliper too at some point. Cast wheels also made a huge difference in handling for rain grooved highway pavement.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM
fxdlx
Road Master
Received 98 Likes on 79 Posts

Some people think they are nerdy. But the fairings and good suspension make the ride more fun. You get to test the limits of the tire/blacktop contact.
Here's a September shot of a mountain/coast road ride I took the other day.

Old 09-11-2016, 03:58 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
I'm totally with you about Sportsters. Especially roadsters, but is it me, or does that one look like one of these...

I've never had one, never been on one, but I've always had a hard-on for that Roadster. Just about as powerful as the stock 88" Dynas but 100lbs lighter. Could be a rocket if you wanted it to be! Seems like a fun little lane splitter And canyon carver, plus the Sporties don't have the crazy wobble issues that the Dynas do right?

Old 09-11-2016, 04:59 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,199 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by emerican19
I've never had one, never been on one, but I've always had a hard-on for that Roadster. Just about as powerful as the stock 88" Dynas but 100lbs lighter. Could be a rocket if you wanted it to be! Seems like a fun little lane splitter And canyon carver, plus the Sporties don't have the crazy wobble issues that the Dynas do right?
i love my garage made one.

Old 09-11-2016, 07:11 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 862 Likes on 380 Posts

Little ride around today. Thousand Oaks ca has a good amount of bike spots close. I wish San Diego did. I have yet to see this many bikes parked together anywhere in San Diego or north county

Spot #1. The rock store

Spot #2. Neptunes

Old 09-11-2016, 09:23 PM
rayny1014
Road Captain
Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

08 fxdf

Old 09-12-2016, 05:50 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Ray, did you swap the rear wheel? And also, that pistol pocket fixed to the battery cover is a good idea! I think next season i'll get 2 for both sides and get rid of the bags on my T-bars.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's