Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 11:58 PM
b2inUT
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 95 Posts

Motorcycle

Old 09-08-2016, 06:04 AM
Rockabillphil
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gartec81 and emerican19 pretty much nailed it. Thanks guys.

I'm from Montreal, Canada and people are still asking me if it's a bike from SOA lol Depending on who's asking, sometime i say yes it is... it's a blacked out night train.

Some get it but the majority don't. I live in a place where chrome, big wheel and lowered suspension are the norm.

I've been told that my bike looked like a honda shadow (by 2 douchebags at a light stop, i laughed and throtle on. I dont care what others think. I built my harley for my needs, not for others.

Old 09-08-2016, 12:56 PM
cvaria
Supporter
Received 2,198 Likes on 1,684 Posts

Originally Posted by gartec81
I'm always aspiring

No no.... why? Are certain mods done? What mods? I'm aspiring, want to learn. No sand bagging, share the wisdom.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:20 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cvaria
No no.... why? Are certain mods done? What mods? I'm aspiring, want to learn. No sand bagging, share the wisdom.
I think you mean INQUIRING, not aspiring.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:32 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by emerican19
I think you mean INQUIRING, not aspiring.
I meaant what i said. You wanna take this outside! !!!?

Aspiring aka wannabe.

Share the goods.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Juggerpops
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by emerican19
No, the big ones. It was made popular/prominent by the Oakland HA, in fact Jax from SOA was actually based on one guy in that charter (it's funny that so many people call him a poser for white shoes, but that was actually a quirk of the member he based his character off of). .
that's funny I always thought Jax's character was based on Simba from "The Lion King"

Old 09-08-2016, 02:06 PM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by Maxxsmart
You've got a WG, so I wouldn't go taller than 8-10 inches if you go with a solid "T bar" style. I am sure you know, the taller you go on those, the closer they get to you. I have been looking at going with a tall riser, and short tracker style bar to replace my West Coast Slingshot bars. No reason for it really, other than I may need to pull the controls off the bars. If I have to internal wire again, I will sell the slingshots, and go with a bar and riser. Forbidden risers, and Pro Taper bars are one that I am looking at. Dynamic Dyna and Biltwell trackers are another.

Most of the tachs you see around here are pre Can Bus bikes. I have seen a couple extend out there harness, but I hear its very touch and go with the Can Bus system. If you do decide to add a tach to the bars, I would order a FXDL speedo harness to plug in at the dash,and extend the tach portion to get the tach up there. If you go this way, it may cost you a few dollars more, but will be easy peasy to trouble shoot if you start getting DTCs.
Was hoping to reuse my bars fo now but that may not work out with the fat 1-1/4 bars. The forbiddens are nice but, the clamp base portions extend sort of far down the riseres and that would complicate the guage relocation. The hardcase risers are ugly as f*** but, have little mount points for gauges. Thats nice.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:52 PM
TJ->
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Reasons why 'Jax' wears sneakers and baggy jeans....
August 5, 2011 at 7:44pm[/B]

This is from an interview with Kurt..The new subculture, Charlie (Hunnam) and I both did a lot of research hanging out with these guys in Oakland, there's a new wave of bikers, the prospects are influenced by the hip-hop culture. Guys that really want to be bikers are the guys that feel like they need to wear the uniform. Most of the guys I know, 40-odd-year full-patch members, these guys are on motorcycles all the time, they ride for comfort, that's why their bikes aren't all tricked out, they wear sneakers because they're comfortable, they don't have anything to prove. Especially if you have a death's head on your back, nobody's going to say "Why are you wearing sneakers?" But it's definitely influenced by these kids who are influenced by the hip hop culture, and one of the guys Charlie modeled his character after, who has since been gunned down and killed, was a guy who wore these clean white sneakers

To prep for his role, Hunnam hung out with outlaw bikers in Northern California. “There was a kid I met in this club who was exactly who I was hired to play. He was the son of a man in the motorcycle club, he’d grown up in the club, every one of his birthday parties had been thrown in the clubhouse. I wear exactly the shoes he wore, the jeans he wore. He had a very powerful impact on me. He was an amazing guy.” And he was shot dead before Sons started production, hence the bullet necklace [Hunnam wears]. “I wear it for him –to remember the flavor he taught me.”

Another answer courtesy of Nicole Mayne:
Kurt Sutter has gone into length about the white tennis shoes Charlie Hunnam as Jax Teller wears. Charlie and Kurt did a tremendous amount of research and personal interviews and hanging around various motorcylce groups/clubs. The character of Jax Teller is based somewhat on a biker Charlie Hunnam met that wore gleaming white tennis shoes. As motorcycle groups/clubs move into the 21st Century the younger generation is identifying more with hip hop culture. Part of that culture is clean, white tennis shoes. Another aspect of this subculture is the aging member who has been in for multiple years. They tend to be older and ride for comfort not appearances. They have traded in their choppers in some cases for more comfortable touring type bikes. And according to Sutter many have begun riding in tennis shoes simply because it is more comfortable. They feel they don't have anything to prove to anyone. They may change into boots once they get where they are going though for the "look".

Old 09-08-2016, 03:24 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I may be talking out of my ***, and this photo has been in circulation for a while, but I've wondered for about 5 years if this is "the guy".

Old 09-08-2016, 04:47 PM
veritas.archangel
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Save
Save

Last edited by veritas.archangel; 09-09-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's