Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 02-18-2015, 10:49 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...yna-pic-s.html

ISSUE

Member Lama is in the process of modding his 2007 FXDC into a club style or thug style bike (known today as outlaw bikes) Asks members to provide inspiration and post pictures of their own bikes. Members show off their bikes.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:30 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by theduroche
Go the other way: Paint your fairing to match the tins and get a grey seat.
I like that idea! I may try the fairing this weekend. Thanks Man!

Old 06-21-2016, 09:38 AM
multihdrdr
Club Member
Received 2,306 Likes on 1,855 Posts

I think you've been involved with vinyl and wraps...couldn't they print up a facsimile of that pattern and then wrap the fairing?

The following users liked this post:
SquishyLowRider (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 09:51 AM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by multihdrdr
I think you've been involved with vinyl and wraps...couldn't they print up a facsimile of that pattern and then wrap the fairing?
Yeah, I play around with it. I think I've seen some brushed ALU pattern that would work. Thanks! I'll keep it in the back of my mind while I research.

Old 06-21-2016, 01:05 PM
SJ_FXD
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Havent really posted much since I signed up for an account, but I wanted to post my bike that I just finished. I did a full frame off rebuild with fresh powder and paint all around. I even powdered the frame and swingarm. My motor used to be the ugly grey color and I painted it black and got new jugs with 96" heads from a bagger with low miles. Replaced all the gaskets will she was apart. The bike already had S&S 510 gear drive cams from the previous owner so she screams for sure. Did a 2" over front end with Progressive drop ins and 13.8" Hagon rear shocks.

Hope all enjoy.
Name:  My%20bike_zps5kmac1i2.jpg
Views: 1059
Size:  325.3 KB

The following 2 users liked this post by SJ_FXD:
AussieTX (06-21-2016), FattyMcJ (06-21-2016)
Old 06-21-2016, 02:44 PM
BARSR
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BARSR
Here is my 2007 FXDC. I still have the suspension to do so I will post final pics soon.
Suspension is done so just a few more things 99% complete

Attached Thumbnails Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-rjrsr-1a.jpg   Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's-rjrsr-1b.jpg  
Old 06-21-2016, 02:45 PM
SquishyLowRider
Road Master

Originally Posted by SJ_FXD
Havent really posted much since I signed up for an account, but I wanted to post my bike that I just finished. I did a full frame off rebuild with fresh powder and paint all around. I even powdered the frame and swingarm. My motor used to be the ugly grey color and I painted it black and got new jugs with 96" heads from a bagger with low miles. Replaced all the gaskets will she was apart. The bike already had S&S 510 gear drive cams from the previous owner so she screams for sure. Did a 2" over front end with Progressive drop ins and 13.8" Hagon rear shocks.

Hope all enjoy.
Nice job! That's a nice bike. I love the white Dynas.

Old 06-21-2016, 03:32 PM
rydercheers
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got a question that I'm sure will get answered in here quicker than if I make a whole new thread. I put new race tech springs and gold valves in my bike 2 years ago and got in a hurry and cut the spacers too short and ended up making new ones that were longer. I ended up blowing a fork seal so this spring I rebuilt everything and trimmed my spacer down a bit so I could run some Burly preload adjusters.When I go over a bump in the highway or where ever its not so bad but if I hit a hole or a depression in the road something doesn't feel right like my spacers too short. Is this a normal deal for stiffer springs and heavier oil or do I have too much/not enough preload?

Last edited by rydercheers; 06-21-2016 at 04:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:40 PM
GVan
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucky Ross
Also any possible cons. I guess you'd no longer have a high beam/low beam....
I've done it on a Buell using a narrow (30° spot) LED.
Cons:
- No high/low beam
- Doesn't throw far enough to ride comfortably at 80mph. You'll outrun it.

Pros:
- low power consumption
- bright as hell close up
- different
- pretty cheap

Old 06-22-2016, 12:44 AM
619DYNA619
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Sam
Well if that isnt the dumbest generalization i've ever heard, I dont know what is.

I think that if you look into the history of the "club style" Dynas, it was started with function in mind and as much black spraypaint you could get onto it. These type of Dynas are ridden hard, not ridden by dudes that are trying to fit a niche IMO. Anyone else feel free to correct me here but I know that 90% of my mods are for function and the other 10% goes into pieces that come in black.
This guy knows what he's talking about. It's "club style" because it originally came from the guys in motorcycle CLUBS that focused their mods on making their bikes fast and handle well for obvious reasons. It used to be function over form but morphed into much more then that now though.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:27 AM
Bucky Ross
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by b2inUT
unless you were able to wire in two of them and have the second one come on with the high beams. i think they look pretty cool, but might not with a fairing.
Lucky I don't have a fairing haha.

Originally Posted by GVan
I've done it on a Buell using a narrow (30° spot) LED.
Cons:
- No high/low beam
- Doesn't throw far enough to ride comfortably at 80mph. You'll outrun it.

Pros:
- low power consumption
- bright as hell close up
- different
- pretty cheap
Thanks for the info! I was thinking maybe going with two stacked on top of each other, one flood and one spot and maybe that would do the trick. Or both spot and just angle them a little different.

Quick Reply: Thug Style / Club Style Dyna pic's