Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:48 PM
xbox
|
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)

Previously: I went to street vibe in Reno (from the bay area) with my barebones seat, and man my *** hurt!

So found someone selling their sundowner seat on here, for $100 buk ! Great deal!

I road with it yesterday and was like riding a couch down the street! Comfy and absorbing all
the big bumbs and supporting my legs pretty good...

I was sitting so high though it mad my 12.5" chubby apes feel Small! with this seat I can see using
some 16" apes.

So here is a pic of the seat difference if anyone wants to see...

Yes the seat looks UGLY, but I'm using it on the next 100 mile+ trip for sure!

Attached Thumbnails Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)-tony-barebones.jpg   Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)-tony-sundowner.jpg  
Old 10-12-2009 | 09:57 PM
lnrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're ride makes you tired, and you ride when you're tired, bad things can happen.
Theres a reason there's so many types of seats out there and there's a lot of ways you can change position-wise to change your disposition, but over all, a long ride -which is subjective in itself - requires 1) a certain amount of comfort or 2) that you're a plain ol' hard-*** (and even then, when it hurts too much, it's time to stop).
Enjoy the ride.
roll on
-L

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:58 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep one of the fugliest seats out there but no doubt comfy as hell. You hit upon my biggest dislike and that is it seats me way too high for my liking. My pop always told me that a little high never hurt anyone but that seat...........

Old 10-12-2009 | 10:01 PM
Jordy806
Cruiser

I had a Sundowner on my 1200 sporty and loved it. Sometimes I guess you sacrifice looks for comfort . Anyone have suggestions for a comfortable seat for a Lowrider?

Old 10-12-2009 | 10:02 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I didn't really appreciate my Sundowner until I threw my stock seat back on for the first time a few weeks ago...

FUGLY... yes... but comfy as hell.

Old 10-12-2009 | 10:25 PM
spiritwarrior
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its an old, old story, pretty is as pretty does, and the Sundowner cradles your butt well. You can throw the cool seat back on for short crusing appearances. But three hundred miles down the road the you want the Sundowner.

Old 10-13-2009 | 03:14 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

To paraphrase a well known adage, "If the a$$ ain't happy, no one's happy!" HD Touring for me, but have a Sundowner too.

Old 10-13-2009 | 05:07 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I admit it ain't pretty but I can't see it from where I sit and it is soooooo comfy! The only drawback is it seats me higher wher I was getting no trauma causing head buffeting, I now am. Time will tell.

Old 10-13-2009 | 06:12 AM
Squee
Cruiser

Have a sundowner for mine as well. VERY comfortable. It is easier on the eyes if I have my bags and sissy bar on.

Old 10-13-2009 | 07:54 AM
icufltrn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the sundowner solo with the quick release passenger pillion. have done several 200+ mile days in a row with no complaints. definately more comfortable than stock and the badlander. it's not as pretty but as someone else stated i can't see it from where i'm sitting.

Quick Reply: Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)