Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009 | 08:11 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Haha, man that seat is so ugly! LOL. But I bet its cozy. I think I'd rather sacrifice a little butt burn then put a seat like that on. I've rode 350+ miles on a badlander and it wasn't THAT bad.. but if I was putting on some serious miles, like 500-600 miles a day, then I'd have to get something for sure. My stock FXDC is pretty damn comfortable. But thats just me.

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:32 AM
jb1023
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Squee
Have a sundowner for mine as well. VERY comfortable. It is easier on the eyes if I have my bags and sissy bar on.
My thoughts as well. Once I added the bags, already had the sissy bar, it was not AS ugly. I'm actually going to send mine off to Spencers this winter and have him lower it and shape it a bit as well as replace some of the foam with supracor. I don't mind the height when riding but at a stop it is so tall and wide that I can't put both feet flat on the ground (5' 9.5 after visiting the chiro).

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:59 AM
utahdyna
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one a few months ago and I can easily ride a 400-500 mile day and no leg cramps, no butt sore. My only problem is that we have had to play with the saddlebag placement as the seat is so wide. My hubby keeps trying to get me to change the seat out but there is no way after that ride. The solo seat is not as ugly as the two up, so I am fine with that.

Old 10-13-2009 | 10:09 AM
Lorance66
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah I'm liking mine too. My wife and I rode down to Tucson this weekend which is about 3 hours one way and although we stopped a couple of times each way it was pretty comfortable. My wife has noted a big difference in the Sundowner vs. the stock Fat Bob seat.

Old 10-13-2009 | 11:32 AM
Streets of Fire
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought by lowrider used and it came with the sundowner. I agree 100% that it looks better with bags and a sissy bar. For solo I just picked up a custom stiched dream catcher of a fat bob on ebay. Hopefully I like the look when it comes.

Old 10-13-2009 | 08:00 PM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior

I have it, im gonna purchase the sundowner singole and when i ride 2 up, ill just put on he sundowner 2 up

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:47 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a BFS!

Old 10-13-2009 | 09:48 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the Tallboy version of the Sundowner. Also have (had) and prefer a Barebones. Not only for the looks but for the low narrow riding position. Hate how the Tallboy raises me up and it should ride like a sofa because it looks like one on my bike. But, for really long rides, it's hard to beat. And my wife won't ride on anything else. I just sold my Barebones and bought a Mustang Tripper Solo. I received it today and hope it's going to bridge the gap between a nice looking low solo for short to medium runs and the Tallboy for the long rides. If feel is any indication, it's going to be much better. Can't wait to try it out.

Old 10-14-2009 | 06:39 AM
mxdad32
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the seating position on the Sundowner and the Sundowner solo is exactly the same? I never ride 2 up and actually like the look of the solo. I have the FXD and would like to be lifted up a couple of inches for my bad knees. I don't want to go to forwards as I prefer the mids with highway pegs to stretch out.

Old 10-14-2009 | 09:30 AM
HarleypsychRN
Road Master

Mustang seats are about the best balance between looks and comfort IMHO

Quick Reply: Got my Comfy seat (sundowner)