Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Dyan Standard OTD for 11,800?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 07:53 AM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Default 2010 Dyan Standard OTD for 11,800?

Yeah, I know MSRP is about 12K. But this includes prep, taxes, the HD security system. Is this the "standard" offer? Or do spring time incentives reduce it even further? The bike may mostly sit in the garage over the winter, so no need to be in a hurry unless this is a particularly good deal.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

If ya got the cash take it.

Originally Posted by DelRider
Yeah, I know MSRP is about 12K. But this includes prep, taxes, the HD security system. Is this the "standard" offer? Or do spring time incentives reduce it even further? The bike may mostly sit in the garage over the winter, so no need to be in a hurry unless this is a particularly good deal.

Thanks in advance.

Old 10-11-2009, 08:51 AM
k&j eglide
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like MSRP minus $500 OTD. That price won't last.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:17 AM
JohnAE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know Harley dealers are hurting now but this, hopefully, won't last forever and next Spring you might not find them as willing to deal. Also, they may not have the bike you want in stock. $11,800 OTD for a 2010 FXD with tax, set-up, shipping, and security system is well over $1,500 off. ($850 for taxes, about $500 for shipping, $350 for set-up and something like $350 for the security system--prices from my local dealer). Others may have found better deals but this would be a steal from the two dealers that are closest to me.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:50 AM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd ****** it if it's the bike you want.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:19 AM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That would be a good deal around here.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:19 AM
DelRider
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Many thanks for the replies. I am a novice to HD's, so really have no idea of how flexible the market is, or if the market is more "stiff." I had heard that in the older days if you wanted a new HD you basically left your deposit and the dealer would call you when yours arrived. Otherwise, the guy standing behind you will take your slot. That may be partly mythological, but I got the point: don't count of wheeling and dealing, the price is firm. It sounds like that is at least somewhat still true, the MSRP is the base and if you can get less than that OTD, along with all the freight, taxes, and prep, you're doing good.

That being said, I may have wasted a lot of your guy's time. I looked back at my scribblings and forgot about the trade in. The $11,800 is the OTD financed amount. But when a trade in gets thrown into the mix, all the numbers get wonky. They may be taking a bit of a hit on Dyna and expecting to make it back on the sale of the trade. They will take my 08' 1200 Sporty Low for about $6600. That nets me about $1,000 after payoff. They also said that they are knocking about $1,000 off the MSRP sticker price of the bike. If I count it right, that covers about all the extras beyond MSRP plus maybe a little more. So, maybe an OK deal, but the trade muddles it up to the point that it is hard to tell.

Anyway, I am looking at payments. Right now my payments are entirely comfortable. If I bit on this deal they would go about by about $50 and I'd be reseting the clock on my loan. Not the best thing in this economy. But dAyhum, the test ride on that BT had me grinning ear to ear. I love my Sporty, but am not going to sink one more penny into it if I plan on upgrading. It would be nice to get on a bike I plan to keep for a while so I get get to customizing without the fear that I was pi$$ing all that money down the drain.

Sorry the the length and thanks for the feedback!

Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

MY .02

Keep the sporty, pay it off, and ride cheap.

The DYNA is nice, but if you already liek the bike you have, why switch?

Frankly, there are too many guys out there saying "trade up" from a sporty....with the fuel injection and rubber mounted engine, sporties are a completely different animal then they were prior to 2004.

If you just have to have the DYNA, then do it, but IF IT WERE ME, I'd keep the sporty, and enjoy the heck out of it, and tell the nay-sayers to F-OFF!

~Joe

Old 10-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Delmarksman
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if you are dealing with Smyrna or New Castle, but FWIW, That's a better deal than I got 2 years ago.
In general, NC will usually give a bit better deal than Smyrna, mostly because of the inventory #'s.

I was closer to 7 trade and OTD 14,5...

But... I felt then as I still do today, the ride, performance, 6 speed, handling etc, etc, etc... ALL were 100% improvement, best choice, glad I did it, never looked back.

I say do it, don't wait or you'll wish you hadn't.

I love my FXD, period.

In fact, just getting ready to start a new thread about getting it back on the road, post accident, 4.5 months later.

Good luck either way, let us know what you decide to do.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I went shopping a couple months ago and no one would give me a deal even close to that.

Quick Reply: 2010 Dyan Standard OTD for 11,800?