Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outdoor pix after new bars

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009 | 09:45 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

Nice job. They look great.

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:23 AM
danktat
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Marksman
What came on the bike? I thought they would have been HD mini apes. The reason I ask is that I'm about to replace my Superglide Buckhorns with some bars a buddy gave me. He said they were the stock mini apes off of a wide glide. I'm just trying to figure out what I've got, and how it will look and fit.

Looks good.
The previous owner had replaced the stock baby apes with drag bars on 6in risers.

The dimensions on these bars [the ones I replaced the drags with] are as close to stock specs as I was going to get and not pay the HD products price tag. They will look pretty similar if you have a set of stock bars. Bear in mind that it may have a slightly different look as the rake on the Wide Glide is different than that of the Super Glide.

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:25 AM
laroc
Tourer

Looks Great!

Old 10-12-2009 | 11:43 AM
Marksman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by danktat
The previous owner had replaced the stock baby apes with drag bars on 6in risers.

The dimensions on these bars [the ones I replaced the drags with] are as close to stock specs as I was going to get and not pay the HD products price tag. They will look pretty similar if you have a set of stock bars. Bear in mind that it may have a slightly different look as the rake on the Wide Glide is different than that of the Super Glide.
Got it! Thanks. I told a buddy that I wished I could "unbend" the buckhorns. He said he would hook me up. Sure enough they do almost that. Seems like the cables and wires will go over fine. Thinking I'll drill them out and bury the wires.

Looking good.

Old 10-12-2009 | 02:12 PM
danktat
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
They are on their way...
Got em in today. I will let you know how it works out. Looks like they will be perfect.

Thanks again.

Last edited by danktat; 10-12-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2009 | 02:49 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior

Classic Wide Glide look with the mini apes. I've always been a fan of that color combo, too.

Old 10-12-2009 | 03:50 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member

Marksman,

Pretty sure your bike comes with a narrow glide front end (as opposed to the wide glide). The mini apes width at the bottom may be wider than your front end. Don't know if you care, but I think it looks better when the witdth matches the front end. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didn't consider this.

I think Burly makes an ape with a narrow glide width.

Originally Posted by Marksman
What came on the bike? I thought they would have been HD mini apes. The reason I ask is that I'm about to replace my Superglide Buckhorns with some bars a buddy gave me. He said they were the stock mini apes off of a wide glide. I'm just trying to figure out what I've got, and how it will look and fit.

Looks good.

Old 10-13-2009 | 07:33 PM
danktat
|
Road Warrior

Baeseman1------>Got the clutch and throttle cables on. The Clutch cable was perfect as far as length. The throttle cables were only about a half inch longer than what I had on but since I already had them off I used yours anyway. Also thru on some iso grips since I had the housings appart at the clutch and break levers I figured I would put them on. After having them on my last bike I almost NEED them. I could put some pix up but I am not sure what anyone would be able to tell in cables unless they were braided lines or something. Thanks again.