Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Panacea

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:17 AM
StreetBob08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Panacea

Just wanted to see how every who is running the Panacea taillight, likes it. Thinking about switching to one and wasn't going to run additional turn signals. Looking for good and bad feedback, thanks in advance.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:23 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never bought a the Kury light. I tend to stay away from all of their products because 99% of their stuff I have seen is crap. AT the shop we have pretty much determined that Kury stuff is like an O-ring. It may work OK the first time you install it, but if you ever have to remove it, it will usually need to be replaced.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:29 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a Harley LED taillight and it is much brighter than the Kury.

Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have one . It is fine. The turn signals are hard to see in sunlight according to some. Also I did run mine in the past without the stock turn signals. I don't anymore as I had about 5 people slam on their brakes and almost hit me in just that month alone. I have the stop turn module on my turn signals and It is the key reason I don't run the kury panacea without my stock turn signals. Since re-installing the signals(and for the year plus before) I have never had an incident involving someone almost rearending me again. So if you currently have the stop/turn module on your stock signals, you are gonna be a lot harder to see when coming to a stop or slowing to turn.

Old 10-08-2009, 06:50 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This subject used to come up on this board more often. So, there are probably lots of opinions already given if you do a search. I'm not telling you to do a search because I'm bothered by you bringing up a redundant question (I'm not THAT guy). But if you are looking for info, in this case, a search should be helpful to you.

With that said, I have quite a few Kury items on my bike and am pleased with most of it. I can't speak to what happens when you remove it and put it back because I usually don't make a habit of doing that. I have a Kury smoked laydown LED taillight but it is not the Panacea. I purposefully did not buy that light because my friend already had one on his Lowrider and, as someone else pointed out, it is very difficult to see the turn signals during the daylight. It shows up very well at night but I ride mostly during the day. He is so conscious of it being hard to see, he always uses hand signals as well. Which is probably not a bad idea for all of us but I'd hate to think my life is so much riding on the chance that I don't forget to give a hand signal.

My 2 cents...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:24 AM
K9pusher
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for almost a year with most of that riding being around town during the day time. I've never had any problems with people not seeing me. My OL has been in her car behind me several times and stated that it is fairly easy to see. With that being said I don't run additional signals on the rear. Ultimately, just like everything else we do to our bikes, it comes down to doing what you are comfortable with...

Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Panacea

I've run the Kury Panacea's on my bike for 3 years. I haven't noticed any problem with brightness of the turn signals in daylight- may be a subjective call and my eyes may not see what others see. I did have trouble with the module when I installed it, and the dealership wrestled with Kuryakan and got a replacement module. Trouble free since then.
I think it's vital to be as visible from the rear as possible. Have been rear-ended in a car and don't want that to happen on the bike. What I like about the Panacea is the pulsing light- 5-7 short flashes to get the driver's attention in back of you. Good luck. Jay

Old 10-08-2009, 08:16 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I had mine on for a year before the wires broke right at the circuit board. I could fix it, but I decided to get a light from bright *** lights instead. I will not buy anything else from Kury, my experience with their products has not been positive.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:33 PM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just pulled off my rear signals last night and put one on. Here is a video of it running if that helps out. You will see I had to make shift a bolt to hold on my fender until I could get to HD this morning and get a proper chromed button head

http://sintax.low12.com/post/207646084

Install was a piece of cake!

Old 10-08-2009, 01:53 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I removed my rear turn signals and only use the panacia, No issues in a year and a half and 11,000 miles, I really like the flashing on the brake lights but the signals are a little hard to see in daylight.