Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11' progressive shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 02:05 PM
streetbobz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11' progressive shocks

I'm looking to replace my stock 12' shocks for an 09 streetbob with the 11' progressive shocks. Is that even possible without any other mods and will that cause my tire to rub on my rear fender if i have a passenger? I know the shocks can be adjusted to a different stiffness but wasn't even sure if i could swap those out from a 12 in to an 11 in. pls help

Old 10-06-2009, 04:14 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by streetbobz
I'm looking to replace my stock 12' shocks for an 09 streetbob with the 11' progressive shocks. Is that even possible without any other mods and will that cause my tire to rub on my rear fender if i have a passenger? I know the shocks can be adjusted to a different stiffness but wasn't even sure if i could swap those out from a 12 in to an 11 in. pls help

11s are no problem on the streetbob....you may have to crank the settings up a couple notches but unless you are a real porker you shouldn't have any bottoming out issues. Be aware though that if you just lower the back end you will throw your rake/trail off and handling will suffer. Not a ton but enough to notice. The bike will want to track straight and stand up in corners......not a huge deal but you'll definitely notice it. You really should lower the front end by the same amount when you drop the back end. Progressive makes some "drop-in" lowering springs that are quick and easy to install.

btw; you posted this in the wrong forum so it wont likely get very many responses.

Last edited by CRF; 10-06-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:32 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the ride is pretty rough. IMHO if you have to lower the rear, get 11.5" black trackers from works performance. They'll set the shocks up to your weight and riding style. Also the extra 1/2" of suspension makes a big difference.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:11 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Before you buy progressive shocks that short that will all but kill the ride quality, think about a set of lowering blocks. I recently installed them and am very happy.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:15 PM
LOUDAZZFATBOB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ever drive a concrete truck? Me neither, but I'm pretty sure it rides like my Fatbob with 11" HD Progressives.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Before you buy progressive shocks that short that will all but kill the ride quality, think about a set of lowering blocks. I recently installed them and am very happy.
What ride quality ? If your happy with the standards thats fine,your choice and everyone is different, same as what they think quality is... Standard Dyna shocks are very basic and I suppose they do for the general public at large after all HD can't sell a Dyna without rear shocks lol...the lowering block option is a cheaper way to lower the Dyna at the rear..but is the kit that much cheaper than buying PS 11" ? The PS shocks are a little more expensive but you get the bike lowered and a better shock in the deal..they also have 5 settings and sold standard or heavy duty chrome or black..yep a little stiffer but that beats the standard original pogo's .. real ride quality costs and theres many more expensive quality shocks to be had but for most of us they're just that..too expensive.
By the way..if you lower the rear do the front too....

Regards Sumpnut

Old 10-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Late Bloomer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was thinking about doing the same mod until I talked with the people at Progressive. They did not reccommend the 11" shock at all, very stiff ride.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Wonder wtf they make them for then ?????????????? I got the Heavy Duty 11" 'cos I mostly ride with two..got no complaints..

Old 10-06-2009, 05:53 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Progressive 11" heavy duty. At first I didn't mind the ride at all but after a year or so riding on busted up CA. pavement I'm ready to chuck em.The 1 1/2" of suspension travel combined with the LePera seat and the forever under construction hwy 101 have beat me down to the point I don't even like riding my bike anymore.I can't afford to spend much more money so I'm going back to air shocks from a bagger eventually.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:38 PM
QuickSilver74
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a set of 11" chrome progressives. make an offer if you want them!

Quick Reply: 11' progressive shocks