Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11' progressive shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I lowered mine in the back with 11 inch Progressive shocks and left the front alone. Handles fine to me.

Old 10-08-2009, 10:25 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 11" Progressive Shocks

FXDC here....have the 11 inch Progressive Shocks and ride two up 80% of the time have absolutely no complaints with the ride quality. I am tempted to do the Progressive lowering springs in front to see if I can tell any difference in the geometry and handling. Idaho roads leave a lot to be desired but compared to the old Scooters my 09 rides smooth....62 years young and Lovin Life.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:28 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

i have the 11" hd412's and the ride is great..a little stiff but not bad and the new geometry was not enough to take away from the handling....i say go for it...

Old 10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
greenstreetbob
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 11" Progressives too. I love the look, but the ride is really stiff. It jars my back sometimes when driving on these shitty Oklahoma roads. Can anyone answer 2 questions?

1. I've never adjusted them. If I turn them, will the ride get softer?

2. Will lowering the front a bit help soften the ride? Theoretically, it would because the weight would be more evenly distributed.

Old 10-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1. Experiment. Turn them up/down and ride it. Adjust it till you don't bottom out and have comfort. Be warned, those shocks do NOT have much travel...therefore, you will have a stiffer ride due to a higher spring rate to keep the shocks in the working zone.

Your seat may have impact on your comfort.

2. This MIGHT have a bit of impact, however it is really just your rear shock choice. Lowering your front end with lower springs/heavier oil will only increase your harsh ride.

You want comfort? Have custom shocks built (Works, Ohilns, etc) to your weight, riding style/needs. Air shocks seem to be a cheap choice for comfort.

I'd start at your adjustments, your cheapest choice and ability to change. Then work your way up the cost line.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:38 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by billylewis
So if I understand right, the stock Street Bob shocks are 12", does the 11" Progressive shocks drop the rear 1" or more? That way I know how much to lower the front.
My 11" 412's dropped my rear (measured from the bottom of the rear strut to the ground) two full inches.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:19 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PKellyMc
My 11" 412's dropped my rear (measured from the bottom of the rear strut to the ground) two full inches.
Yea but you have a Wideglide which has longer shocks stock than a Street Bob does.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:13 AM
ggadwa
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 11" Progressive Shocks

Since we are on the subject of Suspension. I don't want to be accused of Hijacking the Thread.....But anyone here installed the relatively new Progressive Drop In Lowering Front Springs after having installed Progressive 412 11 inch Shocks???? I am still wondering if the Steering and Handling due to Front end Geometry and weight distribution is positively affected (improved)??? Been running just the 11 inch Progressive Shocks for 2500 miles with no specific complaints....

GARY

Old 10-09-2009, 09:50 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I did the drop in fork kit with 12 inch progressives as well as stock shocks with lowering blocks. I was very happy with their kit. Rides nice and handles better than stock.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:19 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
I did the drop in fork kit with 12 inch progressives as well as stock shocks with lowering blocks. I was very happy with their kit. Rides nice and handles better than stock.
I'm not clear what you did here.....did you put 12" progressives on the rear then use lowering blocks?....or did you use the stock rear shocks with lowering blocks? How much did you lower the front with the drop in kit? (1" or 2"?)

Quick Reply: 11' progressive shocks