Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

11' progressive shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have 'em on my Wide...huge change from 12.5" stockers. Before/After...

There's a 2" tank lift done at the same time. Check out more pix and measurements on this thread...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...gressives.html

Old 10-07-2009, 08:54 AM
streetbobz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry guys, new to this so wasn't sure where i should post my questions/comments... but thank you, you've all been helpful

Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM
streetbobz
6th Gear

i've seen a lot of these street bobs with black lower front forks... where are you finding these?

Old 10-07-2009, 10:31 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

I love my 11" Progressives. I rode with the standard progressive springs in the front for several months but didn't like the handling so I installed the Progressive Drop-in lowering springs and now it handles much better. I put 1450 miles on it the last weekend in May with no problems. No problem for us younger guys.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:40 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

No problem for us younger guys.

LOL, just wait. Try riding rigid frame's for 10 or 20 years and your likeley to enjoy smoother bikes as you get older. Wait, you have 11 inch progressives, you are riding a rigid already! Just wait is all I can say.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:06 AM
Cornhusker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rode rigids for many years in the early and later 50's. That's all HD had. 11's are no where close to rigids and I don't believe I'll be changing. I'll be 72 before Christmas and still lovin' it.

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
No problem for us younger guys.

LOL, just wait. Try riding rigid frame's for 10 or 20 years and your likeley to enjoy smoother bikes as you get older. Wait, you have 11 inch progressives, you are riding a rigid already! Just wait is all I can say.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:20 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

That sir is awsome! I hope I can say the same one day.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:42 PM
billylewis
Novice

So if I understand right, the stock Street Bob shocks are 12", does the 11" Progressive shocks drop the rear 1" or more? That way I know how much to lower the front.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by streetbobz
i've seen a lot of these street bobs with black lower front forks... where are you finding these?
you can't buy them.....a lot of guys have dissassembled the forka and had the lowers powder coated.....others have opted for the easier way and that's to just spray pailnt them with epoxy appliance paint.....I plan to do this mod over the winter this year. There is a few threads about how to do it; just do a search

Old 10-07-2009, 02:52 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billylewis
So if I understand right, the stock Street Bob shocks are 12", does the 11" Progressive shocks drop the rear 1" or more? That way I know how much to lower the front.

good question but not an entirely easy answer...the 1" shorter shock should lower the back about an inch so a 1 inch drop in the front will keep the geometry about the same as stock........BUT - when HD put the 12" shocks on the back of the SB; they left the front forks the same lenght as a stock superglide which has 12 5/8" rear shocks....SO - the front is already about 5/8" too high to begin with. Lowering the front about 1 1/2" to 2" (after lowering the rear 1") should get you a level frame and neutral handling............at least that's my take on it

Quick Reply: 11' progressive shocks