Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Color matched chin spoiler with insert

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:25 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Color matched chin spoiler with insert

Anybody have one of these on their 06 and up dyna? Just wondering where you bought it, how long it took to get it, and if you could post any pix of them installed?

I've been back and forth about getting one of these for over a year now. After all, it's purely a looks mod and isn't cheap for something that has no real mechanical purpose. I finally decided to order one though so I searched the color matched part number on ebay and with google and finally came up with a match from surdyke.com for less than retail including shipping.

What is now throwing me is I got an order tracking email from surdyke with the following blurb at the bottom:

"Part # 58042-08DH is a vendor direct, special order painted part; please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery PLEASE NOTE, THIS IS ONLY AN ETA from HD, AND YOUR ORDER MAY SHIP SOONER. Please review our PAINTED PARTS online policies."

Of course, no indication of this before or during the ordering process. But what really doesn't make sense is the MOCO puts these things out already painted with stock colors and each color has its own part number. I am not in a huge hurry for this thing because I was just buying it to have 1 more thing to do this winter along with my chrome front end and whatever else I decide to do. But I was curious if anyone else bought one of these and had to wait on it as a special order painted part for a long period of time?

Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Can't speak to your specific situation (i.e., that exact part), but a buddy waiting on painted HD parts was provided a similar potential waiting period from our local dealer (4 - 6 weeks). It was not a custom color, in fact it was plain 'ole vivid black front fender for a Super Glide.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My brother has one and I like the looks.

We got it from M&M Cycles and I don't think it took a long, long time, but it was a couple weeks.

As far as it being a winter project...only about a 15 minute install!

Old 10-05-2009, 05:51 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,802 Likes on 2,541 Posts

I've got one very similar to Mascman, mine is red to match the 05 L/R paint. No real purpose other than to look good. IMHO

Old 10-05-2009, 06:14 PM
shrini23
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

@ 2007 FXDC
I've sent you a PM in regards to this

Old 10-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a Harley Pooper Scooper ? Wondered what that thing was lol...nah! just joking,Looks ok maybe on a tricked out sportster but on a Dyna?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Mascman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumpnut
Thats a Harley Pooper Scooper ? Wondered what that thing was lol...nah! just joking,Looks ok maybe on a tricked out sportster but on a Dyna?
Looks good on a Dyna.

Your bike is probably all blacked out, right?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:16 PM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks mascman. Most of the replies I got here have nothing to do with what I asked, besides yours. I don't recall asking for opinions on looks, although I knew I was sure to get some. I like it and I'd like to think my dyna is somewhat "tricked out" as the Swedish guy said. The only reason I've been hesitant is because it really is a part with no purpose other than looks. But, it won't be the first I've bought and installed for that reason. I also heard it was a pain to install but I'm getting mixed feedback on that now.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Sumpnut
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi ...yea mines not shiny or anything...but regarding the chin spoiler,yea I know they make them and here in sweden the heat factors not a problem but in the states..it gets hot right?..does it actually deflect cooling air away from the sump?Can't be a big issue or they would'nt sell them but just the thought crossed my mind....

Regards from Sweden..Sumpnut ; )

Old 10-05-2009, 07:36 PM
YellowHawk
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have one on my 06 Super Glide but I bought it off ebay so I can't speak to the length of time I waited for it. As far as the install, I thought it was pretty easy. It only took me about 30 minutes and I had it on. Trouble was, I bought mine in a silver color and had to paint it black which sounded easy enough but was very frustrating for me. I never did get it to turn out like I wanted it to but it looks okay. I'm satisfied with it.

Quick Reply: Color matched chin spoiler with insert