Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust baffles in or out?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:21 PM
maddawg57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool exhaust baffles in or out?

i have an 08 fat bob which i have removed the baffles and packing from, rode it all last week Thur today, man this thing really turns heads runs great, idles and sounds more like a Harley, talking with some bro's and they tell me that running open exhaust could in time cause the rings a valves to have issues due to no back pressure? void warranty, so i punched out the baffles end that goes on the header and reinstalled the baffles without the packing sounds like s--t again, my question is what do you all think? would removing the baffles again cause the problems stated or any others,, or just run open pipes-- thanks

Old 10-03-2009, 11:22 PM
FLYER
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

There are a lot of strong opinions about this. I asked the service manager at my dealer if either opening up the stock exhaust OR putting slip-ons on would cause an issue with the engine or warrenty.

He said the new injectors can adjust and the warrenty would still be ok.

So ask your service manager and see what he says because hes the guy that is going to deal with any of your warrenty issues.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Cajun Fat Bob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took the baffles out of my stock fatbob exhaust...i tried re-drilling the stock baffles but it sounded like a rattling lawn mower....so i am just running straight pipes with the intentions of purchasing a big city thunder baffle soon... i know straight pipes aren't good but it sure sounds damn good....i hear that the adding the bct baffle (which is only about 80 bucks) doesnt change the sound and gives the necessary back pressure...hope this helps...