Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wierd vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:21 PM
ScreamingEagle
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd vibration

Quick question. Im asking this for my mom. I have a 1200C sportster with many extras. She has a 2005 wide glide. My question is the bike has a little over a 1000 miles and it has started vibrating kinda weird. She said that it was always a cadilac then that changed. It has already had the 1000 mile sevice and the delership is a great one. All gears you feel aweird vibration and it not like the ussial of a harley if you now what I mean. her bike only vibrated while ideling You let off the throtle and you feel a pulsating kind of vibration. The primary was adjusted at the 1000 mile but it is still doing it and havent had time to bring it back. any ideas would be nice thank you.

Old 06-25-2006, 12:36 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: wierd vibration

I'm not a mechanic...but I've read some other posts on here describing a similar problem. YOu might want to check the motor mounts. I'm pretty sure they're located in the front/bottom under the voltage regulator...above the cylinders on the left side of the bike...and on the bottom of the bike behind the tranny. Sorry if this isn't the most accurate details....if someone has a better way to tell you where they are, or if they have some other ideas as to what it could be...I'm sure they'll chime in.

Todd

Old 06-25-2006, 09:07 PM
toolbox
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my wife a new street bob 6 months ago--@ about 2500 miles she started complaining about vibration,I road the bike and agreed--I took it to dealer & complained from the 2500-5000 & 7500 service----They said it was ok--I finally started raisin a stink over this problem cause I felt the vibration was to much--really feel it while just decelling or almost felt like bike was being laged, but it wasnt & ended up getting the dealership to replace both the front & rear mounts & the vibration was GONE!!!! (no charge/customer satisfaction/it worked) Get the mounts changed! Dont know if its a defect in the mount manufacturer or what. When I inspected rear mount found bolts marginally loose & appeared the front mount was collapsed/not torn in two though. Good luck with the vibration!
TOOLBOX

Old 06-25-2006, 09:13 PM
stubby
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it back to the dealer. The problem could be a number of things. But, in troubleshooting for a problem it is smart to check on any rescent adjustments.