Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally took the plunge

Hey all,

After reading all the posts about the PC-V I finally made the purchase. I have an 07 Street Bob with HD stage 1 kit and Rush slipons with 1.75" baffles. I was running a Fuel pack but was unhappy with the way the bike ran took it out and replaced with XIED's. I am hoping for some good improvements with the PC-V retro fit. Wish me luck...

Later,
Joe

Attached Thumbnails Finally took the plunge-sany0235.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 05:30 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ybnormal67
Hey all,

After reading all the posts about the PC-V I finally made the purchase. I have an 07 Street Bob with HD stage 1 kit and Rush slipons with 1.75" baffles. I was running a Fuel pack but was unhappy with the way the bike ran took it out and replaced with XIED's. I am hoping for some good improvements with the PC-V retro fit. Wish me luck...

Later,
Joe
please post updates after a week or so and let us know if any good changes, iam thinking of replacing the PC III i have now. jackyl

Old 10-01-2009, 05:46 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

I have one on my 06 and it works well. very happy with it

Old 10-01-2009, 07:17 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

I just installed one on my 06 streetbob this last weekend and yesterday was my first ride.
Funny story here, I normally ride with a windshield but had it off from doing my tank lift at the same time as the pcv install. So I take my bike out to check out the new pcv and putting around, finally get on the highway, and I get up to about 60 when I start noticing, DAMN, this pcv is good, I feel like I'm gonna be airborne soon, with the wind trying to push me back, DOH, that's when it dawned on me, you fool, you forgot to put the windshield back on, HAHAHAHAHA. So I cracked the throttle more and enjoyed the laugh.
Anyway, I was very pleased with my first ride and the pcv, I had seemed like instant throttle response, and seemed much more peppier.
The only thing I did have was some slight decel popping but toda fuel moto had me update my firmware on the unit, said to check it out now, and if not they would have me adjust a couple things on the fuel tables.
I'm real happy so far with the pcv and fuel moto, but I'm real new with it so check it out.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:49 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the HD download,but it was nothing compared to when I added the pcV. It works like a madd-man. I tried lots of maps ,and they all ran ok,but fuel moto's map has been the best so far. And i used to have Xied's,in fact that was my first mod, but I felt there were too many fuel management devices becoming redundant and sold them to someone early summerish.

My bike runs great in all ranges,but kicks in the most in the highs.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:40 PM
redlohsom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good info, looks like I'm leaning more toward FuelMotos Retro fit PC-V. I also have the XiED's which will soon be coming off if I get the PC-V.
One question though, do you do all these adjustments on a laptop while its installed on your bike? and if so is the PC-V compatible with Window's Vista? I think PCIII work's only up to Windows XP. Have XP on my desk top but Vista on my laptop. Just thinking ahead.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:41 AM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by redlohsom
Good info, looks like I'm leaning more toward FuelMotos Retro fit PC-V. I also have the XiED's which will soon be coming off if I get the PC-V.
One question though, do you do all these adjustments on a laptop while its installed on your bike? and if so is the PC-V compatible with Window's Vista? I think PCIII work's only up to Windows XP. Have XP on my desk top but Vista on my laptop. Just thinking ahead.
Well, you could always bring your bike to your desk top location
haha, but anyway, from what I am understanding with the software is you would not necessarily have to have the bike connected to the computer to make the adjustment, but you would have to get the adjusted map to the bike when your done. Confused? Say you have your saved base map on your desktop, and you decide with fuel moto's help or you just experimenting that you need more fuel in the 1000-6000 range, so you make the tweek on your office pc, no prob, but now you need to get that adjusted map to your bike, so either bring the bike in the office, patch about 10 usb cords together, or if all else really really fails dual boot your laptop, so that xp is on it and vista.

You probably won't have to worry much on that though, I would be highly suprised if power commander didn't work on vista, call up dyna jet or fuel moto and ask em just to make sure.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Dood pcIII's are comp.with vista and so are pcV's.At worse with a pcIII you would need to upgrade it's firmware. The unmentioned option is to remove the module from the bike and take it in to your comp,but that takes a little more time.I don't have a laptop so i unplug my DT pc and haul it outside every time I need to change something. Your pcV should come with a pre-loaded map,and 9.9 times outta 10 your bike will run great with that map. Word to the wary- when installing the unit smear a thin layer of dielectric grease on the connector holes,try to remember to install the black connector from the pcV toward the sky,with the gray stock connector toward the street and wrap a zip-tie around the connectors to avoid them ever sliding apart or letting water in finally try to put the unit far enough back to reduce the possibility of water intrusion and zip-tie it securely. Finally to make things easier removing the battery box gives more room to work with, Good luck man!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:27 AM
redlohsom
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice on the 'puters..I can put a wrench to anything but when it comes to software/hardware/firmware or whateverware I'm pretty clueless! Luckly I have a buddy who's a genius on that stuff. Wish I had the money to buy a new one already tweaked but the budget is making me go used.. But might have to just wait until more money come's in...

Old 10-03-2009, 04:06 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Originally Posted by redlohsom
I too have a laptop with vista and it hooks up fine with the PC111. One thing i would say is with your mods you would benefit from having your bike set up on a dyno for the best results. My mods are pipes and filter and although the Fuel-moto canned map was good i did benefit from a dyno set up.

Quick Reply: Finally took the plunge