Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off thanks for the tips. My PC-V arrived today. Removed my XIED's and took it for a 50 mile spin as recommened by Jamie at Fuel Moto. Hopefully will be installing it tomorrow. If the weather holds out I am hoping I can test ride tomorrow after the install. If and when I do get to test ride it I will post my reaction and opinion on the noticed improvements.

On a side note about the dialectric grease, are you saying to put it on the plugs pior to installing? (Forgive my ignorance) Do you mean on the lips of the plugs? If you could please elaborate it would be very helpful.

More to come.....
Joe

Old 10-05-2009, 09:12 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

The dialectric grease is primarily used where electrical connection meets electrical connection, for instances male and female pins/sockets. It's purpose is to keep corrosion from forming on the metal pin, and eventually build up too much resistance so electrical connection no longer works.
Don't worry if you get some on the rubber plug part, it's not going to hurt it, in fact I we use it all the time at work as a oring/ seal lubricant when installing rubber orings.

I had some slight decel popping on my first run, so I called up fuel moto and they had me update the firmware on my unit to the latest, so you might have to do the same if you have anyissuees.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Ybnormal67
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UPDATE:

Installed the PC-V retrofit today.
First let me say that it took me about 4 times longer than most others who have posted here and there. I am a decent wrench it just takes me longer to see what other might notice right away. Anyway the install was not that bad. The hardest part is finding room for the plugs and locating a good place to secure them to.
I took the battery box off for better access which by the way does help quite a bit. Once I did that I thought I found a great place to zip tie the plugs to which I did. When I was putting the battery box back on the bike I found that the place I thought was great for the plugs was not they were in the way of the battery box. Everything had to come off agian to relocate. Long story short......I ended up putting the battery box on first. Put 2 zip ties on the plugs and ran another zip tie through the others on the bottom plug and then zip tied it through the bottom hole on the battery box.
FYI: Information for those who are a little slow like myself. The stock plug and the black plug on the PC-V have to be situated outside the electircal box. Trus me they won't fit in the hole under the seat.

Now for the report on how the bike runs:

I first noticed it sounds a little different ( deeper tone ) this may be my imagination but it does sound a little better.

Second it does run a lot smoother than my previous set up with just the XIED's. It also seems to be a little peppier when getting on the thorttle. I have yet to take actual temp readings but I believe it may be running cooler. I know this may sound crazy but here goes. When I rode it for the recommended 50 miles with out the XIED's and parked it there was a lot of pinging and snapping when the bike was cooling down. A similar ride after the PC-V install was different. When I parked it there was much less pinging and snapping when cooling down. Hopefull I can get some actual temp readings next week if so I will post them. Go ahead now and take your shots for the previous statement about running cooler if you must.
PS: Works fine on a laptop with Vista

Anyway thats it for now I will post more when I get some temp readings.

Later,
Joe

Old 10-07-2009, 07:01 PM
cactusred
Road Master
Received 161 Likes on 104 Posts

Congrats and good for you Joe, yea I couldn' agree more, I posted almost the same exact thing you did on the install a couple weeks ago. I must of done it and redone it at least 3 times because the instructions are weak and I was trying to make it it real pretty in the hole but in the end, I just got it crammed in there, not too bad but I also wanted quick access to the usb plug, which if I take my seat off with the thumb srew I can have my computer hooked up in about 10 seconds.