Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next mod?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 AM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Next mod?

I know it is personal taste..but I'd like a few opinions as well.

Here is my current setup (the tail light IS now blacked out, but plans for removal is in the works and a winter project)

This winter, I plan to do the chrome engine kit, and do some powder coating on the sliders/triple trees and STILL considering a wide glide front end...it is in debate.

I'm picking up my smoked lens' from the stealer tomorrow so that is handled, and plan to relocate my front sigs down on the trees when I do the lens.

One thing that I WANT to do is handle bars, and I have a set picked out.

The HD emblems are coming off too. What is next? I'm constantly finding new things to do, money is always an issue but I enjoy the next new thing. I was sorta looking at doing a rigid mounted rear custom fender, those look AWESOME. Losing the struts, relocating the rear lights....I don't know where I want to take it really. I LOVE the bobber/chopped look, but I do ride it and want to keep it realistic.

I would LOVE to do some PM wheels, but that is of course, way out of budget. Maybe a relace with some fat spokes and some different colors for the wheels...I was thinking black spokes, black hubs, chrome hoops. Maybe move to a 18x5.5" rear wheel.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 AM
Custom Wizard
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like your ideas matey, seems you are going to be very busy over the winter (like many i know lol). Best thing to do is work out how much all this will cost and budget yourself, decide what is doable and what aint.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:04 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i am digging your ideas man... if you do the chrome deal on the wheels, you should trade wheels. I can work with you to explain how to tape and paint the center hubs and spokes, or we can powder them. let me knwo what you do with that rear fender i would be intrested in your stock one for another project i have brewing...
here is what those wheels would look like i did it on my cafe

i did a write up on my cafe site for how to do it.. here is the link
just scroll down the page
http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=6496.0

Old 09-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the pics and link Joe! I do plan to have them powdered or at least work with you on something, that is the plan so far. I will think about it more...

I'll keep you updated on the rear fender. That is a BIG step, cutting struts.